Quantcast

Song of the Day (14Apr06)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hey narlus, I finally got around to dl'ing some of your SoTDs last night (just for the past week, of course) because I can't do it from work. Pretty good stuff! I've added them to my "narlus" iPod playlist. :D

Thanks! :)

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Funky!

That is a gem- great horns. Just think, this is what Chicago could have sounded like if they hadn't taken the corporate sell out money machine vanilla radio hit low road. I never understood why bands like this didn't make a bigger impact.

Which starts me on another rant. The Black Eyed Peas recently played a venue across the street from where I work. Their current tour is sponsored by Honda Civic. In addition to one tour bus and two new Civic Si's (drool) parked in front of the theater decked in BEP regalia, there were no less than 6 other tour buses, at least 29 tractor trailers carrying equipment and a small city of people to set all this up. There were BEP banners along the street for a block in either direction and all kinds of other circus type motif. The point being, is all this stuff really necessary for 3 people to get up and jump around on stage for an hour and a half? Where's the music in that?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Trainwreck said:
The point being, is all this stuff really necessary for 3 people to get up and jump around on stage for an hour and a half? Where's the music in that?
they need to take a page out of the Lightning Bolt playbook...just two guys, drums and super-distored bass...wearing masks...they setup somewhere in the corner (ie, not on 'stage'), then proceed to do the best to kill yr eardrums.