Quantcast

Song of the Day (14Aug06) [sub pop #2]

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
at stevew's behest (and mostly because there wasn't another really prominent lp-oriented sub pop band in the pre-Nevermind era aside from Mudhoney (and the band i'm gonna use for tomorrow), i bring to you The Fluid. i think they are the only band from Colorado i can think of, aside from some stinky hippie jam band crap i'm sure that's come out of places like boulder and sold millions of grilled cheeses.

anyway, the Fluid were straight-up rock and roll. no fuss, no extras, just a roundhouse to yr solar plexus. get the combined _Roadmouth/Glue_ cd if you find it, it's solid. i never bothered to listen to the stuff they released on post-Sub Pop Hollywood records (a side label of Capitol, i think), but i did see them live and the earlier stuff was tons better.

Is it Day (I'm Seeing?)

Twisted and Pissed

Tomorrow

not sure if the photos will work, i'm trying to hotlink from someone's flickr account (shots from an '88 chicago gig, vintage!)

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
The Fluid - Yeah!
Sendspace - Nay (slow and only one dl at a time). I didn't think I knew these guys but when I listened I found I did, just not sure how.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ahaa....

I think the Warlock Pinschers were from CO, but I never listened to them.

Kiddies need to be paying attention to the song of the day threads.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey spincrazy, i'd heard stories about YSI needing a log-in to retrieve songs. i'll do whatever is easiest; tomorrow i'll try YSI again but let me know if there's a problem.

heheh...didn't the warlock pinchers write a song called 'morrissey rides a cock horse'?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
kidwoo said:
only mudhoney? how bout screaming trees, L7, tad, seaweed, rain sanction.........
be patient...there's 5 days left.

screaming trees released most of their stuff on SST; i think they only did the (excellent) double single on SP, right? although lanegan's solo records are great. never got into L7. rein sanction were from gainesville, right? you ever see them play when you were down in that hellhole?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
any particular reason to use sendspace? they limit users to one download at a time :( . and it has the supremely annoying "no download spots" available bs. not cool.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Rein saction was actually from Jacksonville where I grew up so yeah I saw them play several times a year for a while there. It was funny when they got signed to subpop........they got groupies. One of the brothers was all into smack so of course they didn't last long. Still one of the most freakishly playing/talented geetar players I've ever seen.

And yeah I think the screaming trees did only have the singles comp.....so you're right about the non lp thing.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
YSI has been the best imo and we all really shouldn't complain anyway. thanks again narlus and I'll just say I"m a big ST fan no matter what label they were on