Quantcast

Song of the Day (14Mar06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Fu Manchu are scuzzy, loud, and they mean it, man. wouldn't be out of place in the 70's hard rock era Brian should be listening to, rather than that poofter hair nonsense.

this is a good, fuzzed out straight ahead rocker. i guess the term 'stoner rock' has been applied to these guys, probably because their roadie got busted once for carrying a large bag of st joseph's orange-flavored aspirin, in a schoolzone.

Eatin' Dust

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The artist of that poster had the good sense to make the Bus a pre 67 instead of a fat chick(post 67).

FuManchu don't use enough hairspray to be in Brian's CD rotation. And they don't suck enough.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I wasn't ever really expecting you to pick anything out of my current fav genre, but here you are .... topping all expectations once again. I LOVE :love: this stuff. It's sooooo silly, yet groovy. I read a Rolling Stone article once where the author was bitching about "today's music". He said Rock-n-Roll is not supposed to rise above the hips, if it gets to your head ... it ain't Rock-n-Roll no mo'. Stoner rock is just that. All groove. Pentameter Shmamenter, gimmi the fuzz, the simple get up and move .. with style. Brant Bjork's solo stuff is cool too, in that super cheeze 70's lowrider kinda way.

Ahhh, SOTD ... posted just when I'm drunk enough to "love you like a brother, man", and then pass out. :rofl:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey buddha, glad to see i struck the mark today. can't promise that sort of response everytime, but it's nice to see it happen when it does.

:thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
BuddhaRoadkill said:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I wasn't ever really expecting you to pick anything out of my current fav genre, but here you are .... topping all expectations once again. I LOVE :love: this stuff. It's sooooo silly, yet groovy. I read a Rolling Stone article once where the author was bitching about "today's music". He said Rock-n-Roll is not supposed to rise above the hips, if it gets to your head ... it ain't Rock-n-Roll no mo'. Stoner rock is just that. All groove. Pentameter Shmamenter, gimmi the fuzz, the simple get up and move .. with style. Brant Bjork's solo stuff is cool too, in that super cheeze 70's lowrider kinda way.

Ahhh, SOTD ... posted just when I'm drunk enough to "love you like a brother, man", and then pass out. :rofl:
I have a feeling you might like the band beaver.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Man, Narlus great track... really puts me in the drivers seat!!! the fuzz reminds me of Mudhoney type distortion but more refined and super groovin!!!

Dis one ges :thumb: :thumb: Mang!!!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i think this track is great. :thumb: good groove, cool stereo mix on the appropriately-tuneless singer, and such a cool sound from the bass. sounds dripping with electricity. D min: I vi iii IV# iiflat? hmm. not really chords, but a good bass line. good pseudo-vocal guitar solo at 2:00 in too, especially that opening Eb vs. the D min chord (2:02).

:thumb: