Quantcast

Song of the Day (17Apr06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
today starts the advent of instrumental acoustic guitar week. today's selection is from Pullman, an amalgam of like-minded players from the Chicago indie/post-rock scene. notable members include David Pajo (Slint, Zwan, Papa M), also Doug McCombs from (Eleventh Dream Day, Tortoise, Brokeback), Bundy K. Brown (Tortoise, Directions in Music, Loftus) and Chris Brokaw who made some great records w/ Codiene, Come and The New Year

this is all porch-sittin' pickin' and grinnin' though, no postrock mechanics or stylings to be seen for miles. i love this song; they put out two records and this from my favorite of the brace, 1998's Turnstyles and Junkpiles

Deer Hill

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
did you really post this at 5:29 am? :eek: (ok, sees time of own post, and figures out that i must have the board set to pst)

anyway, thanks for posting and writing these things. i'm still listening, and i'm sure others are, too.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
cool choice. I like it, kinda like how I like the Palace Brothers and their relationship to the scene. Quite a bit different than what each of the members are known for, but that is what makes it cool!

Bundy also played with Seam for some time. They were pretty inspirational, and at the point the ex-drummer for the Poster Children was leaving Seam, Soo Young talked to me about trying out for them (I actually asked if I could and he was stoked) but I couldn't move to Chicago at the time. It would have been an awesome opertunity, their next album and tour was pretty good and I would have had a good chance of seeing the world while playing music I loved.

thanks for posting this one it is definately different!