Quantcast

Song of the Day (20Aug06) [Touch and Go #1]

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

classic story of someone doing it themselves and later on in the process bringing greatness into the world...Corey Rusk started Touch and Go records so his hardcore band The Necros could put out a record, and then he branched out to fellow friends in the scene like The Fix and Tesco Vee (Meatmen). as his vision grew beyond the straitjacket world of US hardcore in the early 90s, he developed the label to become a rising force in the realm of noise rock...you will see some of the shining stars unfold this week, if you can't take a good guess at some of them right now...

but as the story starts w/ the Necros, it's only fitting to showcase a song from each of their 1st three singles (singles which, like most early/rare punk rock records, fetch ridiculous sums of money right now). and since a reference to an early Fix record is how i struck up my acquaintance/e-friendship w/ H8R (then aka bomberz1qr20), i've decided to add a song from their Vengeance 7".

The Necros:

Sex Drive

I Hate My School

Conquest For Death

The Fix:
In This Town

CAVEDWELLER

Chimp
May 5, 2006
narlus said:
...you will see some of the shining stars unfold this week, if you can't take a good guess at some of them right now...
You weren't talking about Supersystem were you? They're dropping a CD/LP tommorrow. Awesome sound they have.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Ah yes, Barry Henssler otherwise know as "Barry buttcrack" because that's usually the only thing you saw of him when he was onstage.

I saw The Necros a couple times way back when in some dirty dingy music hall in Detroit. I miss those days.....

His other band was Big Chief which used the art of Mark Dancey for their album cover. He's an amazing artist http://www.motorbooty.com/