Quantcast

Song of the Day (22Apr06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hungover, tired, and i have to meet up for a ride in an hour...not a good way to start the day, so this song of the day blather will be kept to a minimum.

Red Sparowes are an all-instrumental outfit w/ members from H8R's band Neurosis and similiar-sounding (both in sound and band name) Isis...they are definitely on the Mogwai/Mono thing of huge, hulking monolithic soundscapes, quite beautiful at times.

and they go for the pretentious titles favored by post-rock favorites Godspeed You! Black Emperor...

Alone and Unaware, the Landscape was transformed in Front of Our Eyes

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Nice one. Big fan of this band.

Narlus, Om is farting around the East Coast in the next week or so. Going to see them Thursday night in NYC. Isis plays the week after. You should check 'em out when they're up your way. Both are are pretty great live.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Fool said:

Narlus, Om is farting around the East Coast in the next week or so. Going to see them Thursday night in NYC. Isis plays the week after. You should check 'em out when they're up your way. Both are are pretty great live.
Where the hell you been? PM.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Fool said:

i didn't find a link to any of their shows aside from this:

04/09 Nantes, FR Le Lieu Unique (w/ Current 93, Six Organs of Admittance)
04/28 Brooklyn, NY Monster Island
04/29 New York, NY Knitting Factory

i am interested in getting a copy of the split 10" w/ C93

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Crud. Well I'll be at Friday's show. I will nod along slack-jawingly to the repetitive, feedback-addled droning in your honor.