Quantcast

Song of the Day (22Mar06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's amazing how many times drugs ruin good bands....cautionary tale of today includes the hard rockin', medallion-swingin' martini swillin' men of Urge Overkill. they had an inauspicious start w/ an ignored debut 12" on Steve Albini's Ruthless label, but it got them enough notice to get picked up by hometown heroes Touch & Go. a couple of fairly turgid records followed, until they cut loose w/ the excellent "Ticket To LA" single, which upped both the tempo and the hook quotient. this set them up in nice style for The Supersonic Storybook and the following Stull ep, from which this song is culled.

Stull is supposedly the geographical locus of the United States, stuck in some cornfield of Kansas. how this ties into the vague references to the Manson murders is beyond me, but it's a cool song nonetheless. enjoy, and don't get any stains on yr crushed velour blazer.

Stull (part 1)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
My daughter digs it. She is clapping and dancing around the kitchen. She is usually more of a rockabilly girl. So it gets a thumbs up.

Okay now she is singing do you know the muffin man? So who know if she likes it or not..... but I like it.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
DIG IT!!!!

I love UO!!! I think that (now that's)"the Barclords" is my favorite by them!!! this is a great SOTD!!!