Quantcast

Song of the Day (23May06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
as seattle bands go, Gas Huffer never made a big splash; they were on labels like eMpTy and C/Z rather than Sub Pop or K, and even the previous bands were just on the fringe of 'the scene' (cf. The U-Men). they didn't do the big overblown grunge sound, striking more an aesthetic reeking of oil-stained overalls, soured beer and greasy napkins. yep, a pretty decent US-born garage sound. recording w/ like-minded bands on small regional labels such as Estrus, Bag of Hammers, and Regal Select sharpened their focus.

i won't go on to say that they were some sort of glittering prize of the early 90s music scene, but they definitely cranked out enough keepers to earn a small spot in my personal rotation. if you are one of those weirdos who collect and listen to 7" records, they cut about a dozen good to great ones; start there.

here's one of their finest moments; i tried to find the video via YouTube but no luck.

Crooked Bird

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
If I haven't said it before:

narlus needs to write a book about music.

Thanks!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
They should rename that site "we send it as slow as f*cken possible".....8kb/s wtf. This is on a 8m connection too and I know I'm getting 1.5m at the house. Sigh.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
narlus said:
if anyone has free server space they want to offer up, let me know ;)
Give give give me more more more.;) Sorry mate, my post sounded ungrateful which wasn't my intention. I wanted to listen to that song. Your other ones have downloaded fine, don't know what the problem was today.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
another E maj. i dig the feel of this one. not much to say musically, other than i like the pseudo-hawaiian interlude at 1:50 :thumb: heh. lots of Iflat9 going on.