Quantcast

Song of the Day (24Apr06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Henry Rollins (ne Garfield) is probably best known for his work in Black Flag, but he cut his teeth in DC punk band SOA (state of alert). after black flag melted down (greg ginn sounds like a weird dude, from what i've read), henry eventually started his eponymously named band.

it wasn't nearly as good as Black Flag, which could be why he felt the need to branch out to writing books, acting, and doing spoken word. but occasionally there were some good things in the sonic, testosterone-wallowing sludge, and this cover of the Pink Fairies classic is one of them. a good way to start the work week; sing at the top of yr lungs this morning while stuck in yr cube farm.

Do It

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
One of the shortest people in rock.

After the End of Silence, I stopped seeing him. Those records sucked.

It was weird seeing him open for the Meat Puppets and watching him and Ian Mackaye watching the Meat Puppets play. A punk rock kodak moment.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If he is 5'5" or taller, I'd be shocked.

Watching him on stage, I'd never mouth off to him.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
a tenner says Dio and Danzig can't look him in the adam's apple. :rofl:
I think Dio (the metal midget) is the shortest (and scroniest) of them all. Id rather fight Danzig least tho.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I see that guy everywhere. He is small but huge. And he hates it when you yell HI HENRY!!!! at him.