Quantcast

Song of the Day (29Apr06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i could write several pages on Sonic Youth but as it is i'm running late for Miles' soccer game so maybe on a later selection; they certainly deserve more than on SotM viewing, and are easily one of the top 10 american bands ever.

this is a great song from their new record to be released in June. the record's easily surpassing expectations, a real pleasure. enjoy.

Pink Steam

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i just listened to this, and the first 49 seconds or so were PAINFUL. why can't they tune their guitars? that sound makes the baby jesus cry and then some. from that point onward i quite liked the track, on the other hand.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
i just listened to this, and the first 49 seconds or so were PAINFUL. why can't they tune their guitars? that sound makes the baby jesus cry and then some. from that point onward i quite liked the track, on the other hand.
SY are rather well known for their detuned guitars, and/or alternate tunings...some prefer dissonance to resonance.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
narlus said:
some prefer dissonance to resonance.
Like me for instance. SY is my all time favorite band. I can't wait to hear the rest of the record.

If you really want to make Toshi cry, you should post up some of the SYR recordings. Or maybe Sonic Death. Those are painful even for me.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
jdschall said:
If you really want to make Toshi cry, you should post up some of the SYR recordings. Or maybe Sonic Death. Those are painful even for me.
Maybe a Main recording. Feedback in the form of a song.