Quantcast

Song of the Day (30Mar06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
spincrazy mentioned he was looking for a SotD b-day present, and for some reason (i could be way off here) i was thinking he's from new zealand, at least originally. or has lived there. if i'm off on that, then so be it. however, that won't stop me from posting what is one of the greatest pop songs ever recorded since cromagnon man picked up a strat.

shame is, it was woefully nondistributed and probably a few thousand people at best heard this gem, even though it was a single and also on the debut lp from Bird Nest Roys. don't fret about the silly name; these guys had it. unfortuately, they only left us w/ a 7", 12" and lp (later amended to cd w/ some of the 12" tracks). this is pure pop bliss, but w/ some meat to it; not a confectionary beach boys track, but something w/ a lot more substance, imo. Tim Adams of the late, great Ajax distribution and record label once crowed the merits of this particular song so well in one of his updates, something to the effect that if he'd only had the means to listen to 5 songs for the rest of his life, this would easily make the cut.

enough buildup, judge for yrself:
Jaffa Boy