Quantcast

Song of the Day (31May06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Ed Kuepper (pronounced like Cooper) was a co-founding member of likely the 1st aussie punk The Saints, along w/ singer Chris Bailey; check out the classic "(i'm) stranded" next time you are over partsy's house. after three really great records, he got tired of that and left for his own devices. between The Laughing Clowns and his self-named solo work, he's got quite a quality batch of songs cooked up; the Clown's stuff is a bit more arty, w/ some brass-driven engine to the songs. his solo stuff reminds me in a good way of Greg Sage (Wipers), and this some is really reminiscent of that sort of sound. it's a live recording from a recent Ed Kuepper 3cd set just released, a companion piece to the 3 cd Laughing Clowns set and the 4 cd Saints box. should keep your music funds depleted for a bit.

Electrical Storm

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
straightforward a min: I --- vi -- IV -- etc. but variety in the voicing. none of this punk strum-strum-strum-strum-yell!-strum-strum business. ooh, I--- IV ---- vii ---- iii654? --- vi --- I in there, too, i approve of that (2:10 or so). i also like the tempo and texture changes -- it's like you get three songs in one :D albeit all with the same chords.