Quantcast

Song of the Day [a running event]

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
well, i didn't have enough light to stop the lens down enough for a larger depth of field
You could have just politely asked them to stand still so you could take a longer exposure... What kind of photographer are you anyway? Sheesh.

Edit: Yikes, She reminds me of Mrs. Slocombe from "Are you being served?"

Kids, this is what a life time of punk rock does to you!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
definitely....i was cranking out _Black Thunder_ while doing the post-processing of the photos last night. good stuff.

if you are deep-pocketed, the Doomriders/Boris split 12" just came out last week ($38 + shipping from japan).

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
damn, he's a great photographer.

how'd you know he uses a 85 f/1.2 lens?
iirc he used to post on the robgalbraith.com forums and discussed his lens choice. this way before they went to the prophotowhatever.com name and started spamming weekly. :banghead:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
alot of the files arent downloading, anyone else having trouble?
The links are only good for a few days so all but the last post are expired (check the dates). That said, it took me a few tries to download the latest files because sendspace was at capacity or some crap like that.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
alot of the files arent downloading, anyone else having trouble?
as jdschall says, the sendspace links are only good for a few days or 25 downloads.

supposedly divshare uploaded files live forever but that service can be dodgy. maybe i'll use that if i can, though.

i don't feel like paying for rapidshare or megaupload...i do have some hosting space via go-daddy; i should probably learn how to access it and upload stuff there.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ok, i think i've figured out a way to keep the links live, so if people miss 'em the 1st time around, they should still be there (not sure if i will make the old links active again or not...if people vote yes, then i will, at least specific ones).

so, last night was another great performance by Yo La Tengo...what other band would play a real loose set, with the between-song breaks use for taking questions and/or requests from the crowd? really fun show. they played a dylan cover (from the _I'm Not There_ soundtrack), Neil Young ("don't cry no tears"), a song from Snapper (old NZ band!), a bunch more i am missing, and of course their own stuff.

they did a great version of this song, which i love:

Deeper Into Movies

hopefully the link works; let me know if it doesn't.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ok...after the dissolution of Spacemen 3, when Sonic Boom and Jason Pierce went their separate ways, Jason ended up w/ the more ambitious and successful career w/ Spiritualized. he still drew on the some of the same themes as in S3, but had a far grander vision and execution. i had the distinct pleasure of seeing the recent Acoustic Mainlines show, one of only 4 cities he played in the US (SF, LA and NYC being the others - he's also got London and Aarhus DK coming up). the ensemble was a string quartet, 4 gospel singers, Doggen playing keys/harmonica, and Jason singing and playing guitar. heavenly.

he didn't play this one (from _Let It Come Down_), so i will play it for you.

Out Of Sight

more photos here
http://www.zenfolio.com/narlus/p27778252/

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Hello anybody home? Can we still do this?

Upon a recent resurgence of interest in blues music on my part I have found there sure is a lot of crap out there. However I did manage to find this gem which stands out like a diamond in a billy goat's @ss. From former Little Charlie and The Nightcats guitarist, Kenny "Blue" Ray.

Chula Juana Mama (dedicated to Stinky...)

(hope this yousendit stuff still works...)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
song of the day:

Yngwie Malmsteen - Icarus Dream Fanfare with Orchestra