Quantcast

Song of the Day

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
today's song is from a band who is no stranger to most of you, but you've probably not heard this song. they started out as a 60s psych band (Moving Sidewalks, contemporaries of texas bands like 13th Floor Elevators and The Red Krayola), then took a hard turn towards fusing rock and blues.

they totally lost the plot when MTV showered them w/ $$$ but we'll pretend that never happened. it's better that way.

From ZZ Top's _Deguello_:

Esther Be The One

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
narlus said:
From ZZ Top's _Deguello_:
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This album is in my top 10 of all time. Can't really say why, it just does it for me. Haven't listened to it in ages. Great choice. Made my night ... er ... morning. :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BuddhaRoadkill said:
Not to derail ... but you inspired me.
What plays a .flac file? [lossless compression]
http://flac.sourceforge.net installs a codec that will let Winamp and other media players play FLAC files. Also has a GUI front end for encoding/decoding, as well as the command-line executable for encoding/decoding through another program.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm working on a FLAC collection, BTW. Unfortunately, my CDs to rip from are very limited but I'm coercing friends into ripping some CDs to FLAC for me.

Nice SOTD, narlus, I'm going to go hunting for the CD. I've got the Elminiators CD on FLAC already.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Not to derail, but I'd like to suggest the F.U.s "Young, Fast, Iranians." I found a copy of Do We Really Want to Hurt You? a couple of weeks ago. I think my wife is going to rip my fingernails out if I play that song one more time. I still haven't found We Are Not Amused by the Straw Dogs yet ... must keep looking.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
I vote for:

John Fogerty
Born on the Bayou
Why would you "vote" for a song of the day? Doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of it?

If you already know the song, go listen to it. He doesn't need to post it as a song of the day for you to press "Play" :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Why would you "vote" for a song of the day? Doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of it?

If you already know the song, go listen to it. He doesn't need to post it as a song of the day for you to press "Play" :p
I vote you shut the hell up!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
binary visions said:

thank you BV.

the closest this thread will ever get to a democratic angle is if i solicit a genre, and that's unlikely.

DNA, i've got no Straw Dogs or FU's but i will keep looking. problem w/ the early punk/hardcore stuff is that ebay typically has crazy prices for those things.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
No worries. I transferred the FUs to CD, so I could send you the album if you wanted it. I don't have a vinyl collection or anything and it is just taking up space.