Quantcast

Songs you secretly like but would be mortified if anyone found out?

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I rock out to a ton of what are probably considered bad 80's songs...
Runaway - Bon Jovi -> probably my all time favourite song...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've got a weak spot for chicks voices and like some songs for it despite not liking that type of music. Garbage and Sara McLaughlin come to mind.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
"Steal my Sunshine" Len.
Total guilty pleasure. I think its cause the backup singer chick sounds so cute ;)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
with a 100% straight face, i can admit that i totally dig the Teen Titans theme song from Puffy AmiYumi.
HELLS YES. Great cartoon theme.

On the other hand, total thumbs down to the theme from Full Metal Alchemist.

My guilty song is "The War Between Us".
:o:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Jeremy R said:
I think Kelly Clarkson has a great voice.

bracing for stones:o:
One very large pyramid shaped weight with "16 TONS" stamped on the side is now on it's way to earth directly above you.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Westy said:
I've got a weak spot for chicks voices and like some songs for it despite not liking that type of music. Garbage and Sara McLaughlin come to mind.
I am the same way.
All of my "guilty" music that I like comes from sexy female voices.
Most of which I totally despise the actual music but love the voice.
And to prove this point, my wife is a singer and I love her voice, but back in the day she sang in numerous "theme park" shows.
And you can imagine what type of music that was.:help:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
There's a Slipknot song I hear on the radio every once in awhile that I don't hate.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
SkaredShtles said:
I unabashedly admit I really like that song. I don't care who knows. :p
It's a pretty touching song and a good example of modern story telling in the folk lore tradition. I had no idea until I saw that article on CNN this moring that the wreck had happened so recently in history. I always figured it for late 19th, early 20th century. I certainly would not have guessed it happened in 1975. I was alive when it sank all though I must admit my memories from age 3 are a little sketchy. That could explain why I don't remember it.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Ween - push th' little daisies.

I remember when that song came out I hated it and thought ween was the dumbest band ever (I was a skate punk). But now hearing more of their music, I appreciate it alot more... not that everything they did was good, but some of it was so out there.....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ween's a band i totally dismissed based on "push the little daisies"'; what an annoying song. but then a friend showed me the light. can't say i'm a big fan, but some of the stuff they did was pretty damn good.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
oly said:
Ween - push th' little daisies.

I remember when that song came out I hated it and thought ween was the dumbest band ever (I was a skate punk). But now hearing more of their music, I appreciate it alot more... not that everything they did was good, but some of it was so out there.....

ew ew!! ick! patooey!!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jdschall said:
It's a pretty touching song and a good example of modern story telling in the folk lore tradition. I had no idea until I saw that article on CNN this moring that the wreck had happened so recently in history. I always figured it for late 19th, early 20th century. I certainly would not have guessed it happened in 1975. I was alive when it sank all though I must admit my memories from age 3 are a little sketchy. That could explain why I don't remember it.
I remember hearing it quite often as a kid. Of course, living in Michigan might have had something to do with it. :p

That boat was BIG.