Quantcast

Sonoma County Riders?

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
Anybody else on here from SoCo? I'm in RP to be specific... Get my schoolin' at SSU. That's also where I do a lot of my freeriding... nothing like flying down those staircases, man.

So, any other SoCo riders? Maybe a few of us could get together for a downhill run on the mountains. That would own so hard.

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
Oh fo sho, im in SR just over the hill, and live really close to Annedel(REALLY CLOSE). Yeah, we should find all the DHers here, all my friends do DH and some of the guys at the LBS.

DHRonSUNDAY

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
hey i go to SSU as well and live in San Rafael which is like 20 minutes south of SR.should have a bike ready within the next month. if you guys are interested toss me a pm and we can organize something.

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
I'm familiar with where San Rafael is. I've been in the Bay Area since 3rd grade, so 8 years. ;)

The only place that comes to mind that's "local" is Sonoma Mountain and I don't know about trails there. I know there's a good bit of downhill road, which I wouldn't mind riding, but my gear isn't exactly road-spec. It's still an MTB with offroad tread and whatnot.

Keep in mind I don't have a car so if we did a mountain run it'd have to be local and I'd probably need to rest once we got up top. Unless I could get my mom to cooperate.

I'm looking at a FR rig right now for harder riding. I'd use that for downhill. Should serve just fine.

I'm thinking I might look into scouting trails this weekend. I've got an extra day off of school so...

NovatoSCFR

Monkey
Aug 27, 2004
NOVATO CA
im in novato for the summer and know a bunch of trails in the area. I've also been over to annadel and a bunch of other places and am always down to ride with some new people, i'm usually alone anyway. hit me up if you wanna ride.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
My daughter is going to SSU starting in August. Do you guys like attending school there? I'll be up for an orientation with her next week (bringing the road bike tho to get into some of those beckoning wine roads all over the place). BTW, what the hell is a Sea Lion? Is it a relative of those Sea Monkeys I used to order off the back of my comic books as a kid? I was up for a visit last month and felt like it would have been a perfect place for me to go to school. I went to a huge university in the South where I saw a new face everyday of my 4 years. The intimacy of SSU was most appealing. I thought that rock climbing wall in the Rec center was way cool and the dorms were perhaps the best looking university housing I've ever seen. Any feedback I can pass on to her would be appreciated. Thanks

DHRonSUNDAY

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
we are actually the seawolves not the sea lions. i really like the campus of ssu. its nice and small so you can easily get around. where is she gonna be living because i lived in beuajeleas or however you spell it, and nkew a couple people who lived in sauvingnon (sp again) and i really liked both places.that rock climbing wall in the gym is awesome and that entire gym as a whole is really nice if you got the chance to roam around in it. as for classes they are smaller so you arn't as overwhelmed as you would in big lecture halls like at uc's.all in all its good times.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
we are actually the seawolves not the sea lions.

DOH! What I meant to say. Not sure of her housing situation yet and also not sure if she's going for the FIG idea (which sounds to me like a good way to go.... but what do I know says my daughter). I love the fact that the place is totally wired (I guess most schools are nowadays). Is there much of a downtown? At this point my daughter's more focused on the Nine Inch Nails concert coming to Oakland in Sept. (I think) and how to get there than she is in the classes she'll be taking or her major for that matter.