Quantcast

Soon

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Damn True said:

Squaw Valley Sep 20th
what a gorgeous fvcking photo! reminds me a bit of Ouray, CO.

There's a slight chance of snow *in* Denver tonight. WTF is that all about?! The mountain peaks are getting dusted.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mmmm....Squaw!! :drool: My brother lives in Gardenerville, NV., about 15 mins. from the Mt. Rose Hwy., might have to pay him a visit real soon!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
loco-gringo said:
I don't think there is any chance of snow here.

our office near Dallas, has many days that they cant make it in to work every winter.......a little ice or an inch of snow and you all don't know how to keep your cars on the road

J

JRB

douglas said:
our office near Dallas, has many days that they cant make it in to work every winter.......a little ice or an inch of snow and you all don't know how to keep your cars on the road

Raises hand and says - ahemm - bs - I live 2 hours south of there and see their news. It is not every winter and it doesn't grind the city to a stop. I will say people drive like crap in freezing conditions, but bear in mind that we don't get much snow. It is the ice that wreaks havoc on us. Even with snow, it melts and it ice over night and the following morning. Ice has never made me stay home. Dallas does have some wicked tall bridges that freeze faster than other roads though.

*this is not me baggin you Douglas. I am saying your Dallas peeps might be making schit up.*

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Yep. Everything is bigger in Texas - even the exaggerations.

"Why I remember the winter of '78.................... drifts were <blah blah blah>"

-S.S.-

:D I was 7 and I think we did get like 2 inches here that year.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
loco-gringo said:
Raises hand and says - ahemm - bs - I live 2 hours south of there and see their news. It is not every winter and it doesn't grind the city to a stop. I will say people drive like crap in freezing conditions, but bear in mind that we don't get much snow. It is the ice that wreaks havoc on us. Even with snow, it melts and it ice over night and the following morning. Ice has never made me stay home. Dallas does have some wicked tall bridges that freeze faster than other roads though.

*this is not me baggin you Douglas. I am saying your Dallas peeps might be making schit up.*

well, even thou the have been sitting in front of a computer for 10 years / 40 hours a week none of them know **** about how to use a computer, so just because they have a license doesnt mean they know how to drive a car (especially if they hear the word snow or ice in the forcast)

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
SkaredShtles said:
Nice picture. Here's Silverton, Colorado on Sep. 5th:

Oh, and on my drive in today it appears the snowline is ~7k feet in the foothills. <schaaaawing>

-S.S.-
Yeah - I work up in Evergreen, and there was snow on the ground for a bit, still is, on Evergreen Mt.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
JRogers said:
Am I the only one that really doesn't like snow?
Yeah, pretty much ;)

I'm looking forward to snowboarding a bit this winter. Picked up a couple Copper Mtn 4-passes the other day. I doubt I'll get up more than 4-8 times this year, so these should do. $69 for 4 days. $17.25 per day. Not a bad price I think.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Hockey and ice fishing get me through the winter but I would much rather be playing softball or riding bike. The river is also much more fun with bikini clad girls then with ice running down it.

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
I am soo looking forward to winter. Been wrenching o sleds all summer, I've been working on a buddies maching for the past 3 months and we're almost ready to go with it and I cannot wait to get this thing rolling. For any of you out there who aern't familiar with snowmobiles, what I've been tinkering with is a 159" Ski-Doo REV Summit. The pic is before we threw a new chassis, shocks, a-arms, rear skid, seat, and lexan panels on, among the motor work. The motor is especially sweet, Crankshop 1100 twin with Aerocharger 33 series turbos in tandem. We're expecting nearly 300 horse when the NOS comes on. It's alot of power out of only a litre! She's gonna be bad at only 456 lbs!

Attachments

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
GeoffW said:
I am soo looking forward to winter. Been wrenching o sleds all summer, I've been working on a buddies maching for the past 3 months and we're almost ready to go with it and I cannot wait to get this thing rolling. For any of you out there who aern't familiar with snowmobiles, what I've been tinkering with is a 159" Ski-Doo REV Summit. The pic is before we threw a new chassis, shocks, a-arms, rear skid, seat, and lexan panels on, among the motor work. The motor is especially sweet, Crankshop 1100 twin with Aerocharger 33 series turbos in tandem. We're expecting nearly 300 horse when the NOS comes on. It's alot of power out of only a litre! She's gonna be bad at only 456 lbs!
You gotta be kidding me?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Damn True said:
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!
Damn my dad was there just a week or two ago on his motorcycle.
Speaking of motorcycle... I just filled out my credit app at the local Dirt Bike Store™ for grins... we'll see if anything happens there... 'cuz winter time is moto time yo!

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
GeoffW said:
Your knob goes to 11 - that is nuts. :thumb:

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Thanks for the support guys. I'm not kidding you at all, I build atleast a machine a year, some years more. Amazingly enough, it's not the biggest machine we've had out of the garage. Former machine had a 1500 triple in it. Of course these are all two strokers. I've got more pics of tje turbo setup if you'd like to see. Getting two turbos in sync was the hardest part of the project, meeting our weight target required alot of titanium and creative fabricating. Should be a blast to ride!