Quantcast

Soooo FL Monkeys

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I'm becoming one bored monkey on my business trips...it's not a bad thing, it just means I work like nutsoid in the evenings (which my boss appreciates).

I know that Sunday/Monday/Tuesday of my trip to FL I won't have much time to play (Monday drive to Bradenton, Tuesday, drive to Jacksonville).

I'll be in Jacksonville for 3 days going between Clay and Duval county.

Any recommendations for evening entertainment? Places to eat? Bars to loiter? Birds to view? Scenic wonders to ogle?

Just wish to avoid the following:
Spiders - I already know how I feel about those
Crocodillios - I don't need to know how I feel about those, at least on a close encounter kinda basis
Mosquitos - I like our PNW version of them not enough as it is, yours I hear are bigger, badder, and meaner

:D
Sooooo?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
uhmmmmmm go to the beach, put on a bikini and e-mail me the pics.

actually the most fun thing i found to do in Jax beach, is to get some liquor drink and mix it up in your camel back. then get a beach cruiser and ride around at the beach.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Work till 4:30....daylight goes till 8 something right? I might get a stroll in on the beach then :D woohoo! sunshine :)...is it humid there this time of year?

oh - and sorry luv, no pics...or bikini, gotta pack light, so no camera or bikini or swimsuit...just suits, computers, and projecters (ooooh..fun)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
lol...well maybe next time. it will be hot but not gut wrenching like august.

it will be humid but not bad. you should go eat at a place called Billys Boat House. i think thats the name pretty decent food and a nice patio right on the water.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I'll check it out while down there....
August is slated for a trip to Arizona...:) I'll be posting some questions bout that area too...

J

JRB

biggins don't know jack about AZ, except he ain't really movin' there. :think:

*punk got a bad ass job as a guide now.

Oct 9, 2003

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Jr_Bullit said:
oh - and sorry luv, no pics...or bikini, gotta pack light, so no camera or bikini or swimsuit...just suits, computers, and projecters (ooooh..fun)
I don't really see a problem.....

I think for biggins, the smaller the bikini, the better. ;) I mean you could stuff it into your shoe if you are worried about space. :D

Just trying to help..... :p

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
The place to go for any kind of entertainment in Jax is "The Landing." Ok actually the only time I have been there was during FL vs GA football games when it is known as the world's largest outdoor cocktail party. (yes it lives up to it).

Its an entertainment complex right on the river with your typical Chain resteraunts and a few decent bars.

BillT

Monkey
The Landings is ok (you get a false impression of how the place normally is during the Florida-Georgia game) - I honestly think that your best bet for something to do is to go out to the beach as there are several bars and restaurants in that area that are decent. Jax as a whole is pretty boring place.

vogey40

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Puyallup WA
Head down to St. Augustine thats my favorite place to go when Im there. That and Jax beach. There are some good resturaunts and a few bars at the beach.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
BillT said:
The Landings is ok (you get a false impression of how the place normally is during the Florida-Georgia game)
What? Its not normally filled with 50,000 college students and alumni drinking and standing online for the port-o-potties? :nuts: