Quantcast

Sorry, but...

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
'nother friggen gas thread. My girlfriend calls me about 1pm to tell me of news reports that NC's gas stations were being shut down at 3pm today.

I'm freaking out because I have to drive three hours for a job tomorrow and I'm wondering how I'm gonna get home.

So I call the producer and tell him about the gas shutdown and he starts freakin 'cause he has a whole movie crew to move 3 hours and needs to get 'em back to town when the filming for those scenes is over on sunday.

He's scrambling to get a fuel truck; I'm in this stupid-ass line for gas listening to the radio; the news guy breaks in and says the report was bogus -- the report the all the news media was carrying.

I get to call the producer back and tell him false alarm, which he already knows 'cause he's calling his buddies high up at Shell Oil to get a fuel truck.

So here I am, this fledgling actor, making the producer of the movie a nervous wreck. Not real smart there, Lux :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lux said:
<snip>
So here I am, this fledgling actor, making the producer of the movie a nervous wreck. Not real smart there, Lux :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:
So what restaurant do you wait tables at?

Just kidding. :D Here in So Cal everyone is an "actor".

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Ciaran said:
So what restaurant do you wait tables at?

Just kidding. :D Here in So Cal everyone is an "actor".

That's exactly what I say to people when they tell me they're actors. It's kinda of like a mini-hollywood here. Tons of "actors" everywhere, but not much work to go around. I'm stoked whenever I get a little part.

J

JRB

Wait - we're worried about inconveniencing actors??? What a travesty. :think:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The media sucks a mean one. They (more specifically my po-dump station) may put a roof over my head & food on my table but DAMN i despise the media.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
TN said:
The media sucks a mean one. They (more specifically my po-dump station) may put a roof over my head & food on my table but DAMN i despise the media.
I mean, everyone I know is brokenhearted about NOLA and the Gulf Coast, 90% of the southeast oil flow has been shut off, and gas prices are already skyrocketing.

I'd like to think the media would make damn sure about posting news such as that. We need cool heads in times like these.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
How many actors do they have in NC? I figured everyone who wants to be an actor is already here in So Cal. Nonetheless, it's too bad you had to cry wolf to your boss...