Quantcast

Sorry #standwithrand

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The comments are hilarious. Women = pro choice; men = who cares about the mother. You got pregnant, deal with it...
What the fcuk is wrong with the people in our country? Force people to have babies they don't want, then refuse them welfare when they are unable to take care of the child forced upon them. Hypocrisy is a wonderful thing.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Stoney, everything wrong with this country is the fault of the poor. Haven't you figured it out yet?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
ok, so I have no life and I'm listening to this (granted, while drinking a delicious IPA) and I have a thought ...

WTF.

:disgust:
You (and I) apparently weren't the only ones:

Also, 182,719 watching the official live feed. 12:01AM.
Now that it's over I still have no idea WTF just happened. KENS5 news station is reporting *no* vote was taken, AP/WashPo is reporting that it passed. Looked like they didn't finish the vote till after midnight, but no clue what that means for the bill?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Texas.....:rolleyes:

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Hundreds of jeering protesters helped stop Texas lawmakers from passing one of the toughest abortion measures in the country, shouting down Senate Republicans and forcing them to miss a midnight deadline to pass the bill.

Initially, Republicans insisted they had started voting before the midnight deadline and passed the bill that Democrats spent much of Tuesday filibustering. But after official computer records and printouts of the voting record showed the vote took place on Wednesday, and then were changed to read Tuesday, senators convened for a private meeting.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/texas-senator-filibusters-against-abortion-bill

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
the only reason she could pull off the 12.5 hr fili w/o a potty break was b/c she aborted all her pregnancies. she's running a tight ship down there, no doubt

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And on a side note, the religious right has done such a good job of putting me off on social aspects, that I will indefintely be voting Democrat. That's just sad, that they were able to put me off that much, to get me to vote Dem.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
And on a side note, the religious right has done such a good job of putting me off on social aspects, that I will indefintely be voting Democrat. That's just sad, that they were able to put me off that much, to get me to vote Dem.
cracka please. you wore that dress hoping the boys would rape you

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
They have already said that the bill did not pass despite shady efforts..........
Conservative GOP'ers (prolly evangelical Christians, it's Texas you know) using shady efforts to get something done................uuuuuummmmmmmmm if God wanted this bill passed He'd have passed it, no shady efforts needed by the hypocrites.......

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Conservative GOP'ers (prolly evangelical Christians, it's Texas you know) using shady efforts to get something done................uuuuuummmmmmmmm if God wanted this bill passed He'd have passed it, no shady efforts needed by the hypocrites.......
We're not even talking about insisting that god send down fire from heaven to light a water-soaked altar here, all he would've had to do was make her have to take a potty break and the filibuster would've been over.

If your god isn't even powerful enough to make someone have to go to the bathroom, why should we believe the rest of the all-powerful/all-knowing stuff? Or, more realistically, he thinks these GOPers are as batsh1tcrazy as the rest of us.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yes... Come to the darkside. Feel the disdain flow through you.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you've said this enough....here...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
They just keep strengthening my position.
well....until you do i can't say "welcome to the fvcking club sasquatch" ....so i guess i'll continue to watch you wring your fvcking hands about it over the internet....:D

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
^^^Oh no I caught it...........my favorite "prophet trash talking pagan prophets" passage in the Bible :)

Funny obscure Hebrew fact, the terms that Isaiah uses when taunting the prophets of Baal imply Baal was too busy taking a dump to hear his prophets......:thumb:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
^^^Oh no I caught it...........my favorite "prophet trash talking pagan prophets" passage in the Bible :)

Funny obscure Hebrew fact, the terms that Isaiah uses when taunting the prophets of Baal imply Baal was too busy taking a dump to hear his prophets......:thumb:
Throw more water on the altar and torch it for me, Yahweh!