Quantcast

\!/ Sort of day \!/

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sorry to hear that, I've always found day 2 to be worse than day 1...

Forgot to mention that I saw a couple of pre-teens riding around on my commute home yesterday. The first one was on an older (but nice) cannondale...the second, a DEAN titanium hardtail. At the start of the summer I saw a kid who rode his dad's Klein Attitude (custom pink and purple fade) to the basketball court. I love to see these old high end bikes getting a second life.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin'
Went to mtg's little 10yr anniversary shindig last night. Man, they've built out an impressive new facility, and the current bikes are super rad. Rid Egg.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin'
Went to mtg's little 10yr anniversary shindig last night. Man, they've built out an impressive new facility, and the current bikes are super rad. Rid Egg.
Did they give you another free frame?

I do still want to throw a leg over size 3 and 4 smashes.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
about to head into work for exhibition opening. having to be "social" from now until 4 and give two talks? hrmfffff. :fie:
remember to be extra attentive to the old ladies with big wallets

/me is working 5-10 pm from home today. I really should do some work on a paper awaiting revisions.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Breakfast and coffee consumed. Off for a ride at a nearby trail. Those last 16 pounds won’t lose themselves….

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Slow start to the day.

Made some awesome salsa last night for some nachos. Finger tips on my hand are still tingling from cutting up a bunch of peppers. I need to put contacts in before I can go ride...

Going to grill some bacon wrapped jalapeños tonight. I think that I'll put on gloves while prepping them....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Parents and sister in law coming down to visit The Child today. Otherwise, literally nothing on the schedule other than taking care of everyone else.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Managed to get groceries while oldest was at gymnastics this morning then headed to her BFFs Eagle Scout Ceremony and now I am gonna help Sq-Earl close the pool for the season. Makes me sad but it's WAY too cold now for actual enjoyment and we do have the hot tub. In other news, my band kiddos are AMAZING and we are actually making music again. It's been 18 months since we've been in the same place, at the same time and I LOVE IT!!!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley picks up her viola today. Might try to head over to the BMX track with her in the afternoon.

Went by Rockler. I need to fix some cabinet hinges where the holes are stripped out because of poor work by prior owner (shocker). OMG the toys. Got what I needed and walked out. But omg, the toys...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Finally cool enough to use the kid backpack, forgot how brutal hiking with 30+ pounds on your back can be.

Stoked on hikes

2666A120-73FD-4890-81F8-81074F9EB8AC.jpeg

Kid couldn’t hang

E8780843-F68E-422E-B230-9E1892E65510.jpeg

Forgot to mention that I saw a couple of pre-teens riding around on my commute home yesterday. The first one was on an older (but nice) cannondale...the second, a DEAN titanium hardtail. At the start of the summer I saw a kid who rode his dad's Klein Attitude (custom pink and purple fade) to the basketball court. I love to see these old high end bikes getting a second life.
The homeless dudes around here are the keepers of all cool bikes. No doubt most of them are stolen, but seen some rad bikes being pedaled the wrong way on the freeway. Deans, Cannondale Ravens, the Manitou frame that used a fork forseat stays, saw a purple anno Mountain Cycle Sin the other day. Tried to buy a couple, always results in schizophrenic ranting :/

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi friends. I ran a half marathon this morning as part of my 22 mile run assignment. I ran the race at what felt like marathon effort, so not hard but not easy. Finished in 1:35:04, which was 12th overall out of 362 fellow joggers. Got 2nd in my age group, which won me a pint glass. I ran 4 miles before and 5 miles after the race to hit the 22 miles. My next long run will be a marathon three weeks from now.

Pedaling will happen tomorrow.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just installed running boards alone with a little cursing. I feel very manly. Even had to use GoJo to clean up.
RAWWWR
Manly that you needed to install steps to get into your vehicle? Wouldn't it be easier to just carry one of these?

1632006205877.png

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Buddy just gave me a jump ramp for Haley. Stupid things will happen after dinner.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
work crap done. came home and continued working on boxing up crap upstairs for new floors to go in next week. pasta with homemade meatballs eaten. about to watch a loki with the fam, and then the dh race after they go to bed.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Back at home after ~3 weeks of getting married and honeymooning. Lots of stuff yet to unpack, but it's great to be here. Not that this will be our home for much longer... we close on our new place on Wednesday and we'll move next weekend.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Back at home after ~3 weeks of getting married and honeymooning. Lots of stuff yet to unpack, but it's great to be here. Not that this will be our home for much longer... we close on our new place on Wednesday and we'll move next weekend.
Hey man, interested in a late but not too late Crest shuttle whore day before snow flies?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Buddy just gave me a jump ramp for Haley. Stupid things will happen after dinner.
Stupid things happened after dinner. I need to figure out how you teach a kid, with no upper body strength, how to keep the back end from kicking. I have her leaning back and trying to pull as she goes off the lip, but she's not strong enough.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stupid things happened after dinner. I need to figure out how you teach a kid, with no upper body strength, how to keep the back end from kicking. I have her leaning back and trying to pull as she goes off the lip, but she's not strong enough.

It is a push, not a pull, well the pull is just the result of the end of the push without letting go. Hard to realize if you are an experienced rider because it is all subconscious.

You very well already realize this, I just see a lot of experienced riders explaining to newbs to pull, or explain it as a pull. But more of like trying to clap with a pushup. Have to push your body weight up as fast as possible before you can pull your hands up to do the clap.