Quantcast

Soul Cycles Hooligan

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
I Finished rebuilding my singlespeed last night and here she is...

Drive side

Cockpit parts

Bottle cage and flask holder

Rear Hub and Disc Brake

Cockpit personalization

Non-drive side

Components are as follows...
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ GXP Team
Brakes: Avid BB7 Mechanical Discs, 6" mudcutter rotors
Cables: Jagwire
Chain: Sram PC-1
Crankset: Truvativ Stylo SS GXP, 32/Bash, 180mm, ISIS
Frame Material: 7005 Aluminium
Front Shock: OE, Rigid Fork
Grips: ODI lock-ons, Ruffian
Handlebar: Race Face Evolve XC riser, 1.5" rise, 31.8mm clamp
Headset: Aheadset, 1-1/8"
Housings: Jagwire
Levers: Avid SD7
Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy SL's
Quick Release: Shimano Deore
Rear Cog: Endless Bikes Kick a$$ Cog, 19t with Fibonacci Spacer Kit
Saddle: Bontrager FS2000 w/gel insert
Seatpost Clamp: OE
Seatpost: Race Face Evolve, 27.2mm x 350mm
Stem: Titec Rip 3D, 105mm x 10 degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
Tires: Nokian 26 x 2.1 Hakka WXC300 / Nokian 26 x 2.1 Extreme 296
Wheels: Sun Ringle Rhyno Lite rims with Shimano Deore Disc Hubs

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
Slingerlands, NY - where do you do most of your riding? Pine Bush in Albany?? Is there good riding in Thatcher State Park at all?
Hah...I didn't think there were many that know where Slingerlands are. You from the area?

I work in Latham so I ride frequently at Lock 7 trails and in Colonie. Thatcher Park does still have good trails and it's close to home which is nice. I despise sand in my drivetrain so I avoid the Bush at all costs. All of the good trails have been closed to bikers anyway. I do most up in Saratoga Springs near Skidmore College. I am on the board of directors for SMBA and I help build and maintain trails on a parcel of land that the club leases from Finch-Pryun.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hah...I didn't think there were many that know where Slingerlands are. You from the area?

I work in Latham so I ride frequently at Lock 7 trails and in Colonie. Thatcher Park does still have good trails and it's close to home which is nice. I despise sand in my drivetrain so I avoid the Bush at all costs. All of the good trails have been closed to bikers anyway. I do most up in Saratoga Springs near Skidmore College. I am on the board of directors for SMBA and I help build and maintain trails on a parcel of land that the club leases from Finch-Pryun.
I used to live in downtown Albany, and then lived in Wynantskill for several years - so I know the Capital Region fairly well.

So you must know Tigg and Treesaw and her hubby etc. etc?

Is this single speed your lone mtb -or do you have a stable of bikes?

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
I used to live in downtown Albany, and then lived in Wynantskill for several years - so I know the Capital Region fairly well.

So you must know Tigg and Treesaw and her hubby etc. etc?

Is this single speed your lone mtb -or do you have a stable of bikes?
Cool. Yeah I know 'em and Tigg too...altough I think he's retired from mountain biking as I haven't seen him on one in an age. ;)

The SS is the bike I ride the most but I do have others, 6 in all. I have a Trek Diesel, Rocky Mountain Switch SL, Azonic Steelhead, Trek 560, as well as the Soul Cycles Hoolgan and Monk shown above. I am looking to downsize though, I hate to see bikes not being used often.