Quantcast

Soul Cycles new webpage?

BR andon

Chimp
Jul 28, 2007
Az
Any news on when soul Cycels new web page will be up, it says in the next few weeks....Im really excited to see what new frames they will put up.

ctavel

Chimp
Aug 10, 2005
Athens and Decatur
hehe, they've had a new site coming since December. I keep waiting too but have resigned myself to it coming very slowly.

They do have a few pics of their dillinger frame a ways down in their news/info section on the main page-- looks pretty sweet

BR andon

Chimp
Jul 28, 2007
Az
Dang, thats sucks i was trying to hold off buying a new frame just to see what they had but i dont feel like waiting more then month. hopefully the new page just pops up soon:hmm:

BR andon

Chimp
Jul 28, 2007
Az
I just noticed i can get into the new site because i saved the old matador page in my bookmarks. The new site looks good almost completly done nice gallery section and new bikes in development. It looks alot more polished then it use to, it also has complete build tabs but the links dont work completely yet.

hbracca

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Eugene, OR
weeks = months at Soul Cycles
Soul cycles is pretty much a one man show, but he works hard to get stuff done. As far as the site goes, I talked to him last week and he has had some computer issues (trojan, virus, crash, etc.) The new bikes are looking good tho!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Soul cycles is pretty much a one man show, but he works hard to get stuff done. As far as the site goes, I talked to him last week and he has had some computer issues (trojan, virus, crash, etc.) The new bikes are looking good tho!
I'm not knocking the guy - I've had several of his bikes and he has always been super cool to me. Hell look at my ride reports - I rave about them.

However, to be honest - he has constantly overpromised and underdelivered. Seriously, over 2 months since "a couple weeks" was posted for their new site. Also the new hardtail was supposed to be out in late '07...

hbracca

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Eugene, OR
I'm not knocking the guy - I've had several of his bikes and he has always been super cool to me. Hell look at my ride reports - I rave about them.

However, to be honest - he has constantly overpromised and underdelivered. Seriously, over 2 months since "a couple weeks" was posted for their new site. Also the new hardtail was supposed to be out in late '07...

I'm not saying that the company (Chad) is perfect, just that no matter what small company you deal with things don't show up on time. ask people about intense with their socoms, etc. here's a pic of the hardtail. he had a few problems with the dollar being weak compared to when he got his first quote so things where slowed down a bit.

Attachments

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
The new guy always has to be better, smarter, and faster... otherwise they'll never win over new fans.

I say all of this because I want to see him succeed. It's constructive critism - NOT a complaint.

hbracca

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Eugene, OR
What is the new hardtail designed for? Reason being is that I currently ride a titan for xc and want to build up a Soul Cycles for dirt jumping.
I'll try to dig up the specs on it. I know there are 2 different sizes, but I can't remember all of the angles and lengths that Chad decided on. When I designed the yokes and dropouts, I had DJ in mind so the frame should be strong enough.

Geometry coming soon.....

hbracca

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Eugene, OR
Geometry coming soon.....
Website coming soon.... get it? - :rimshot: - Sorry Bad Joke

It didn't take me as long as I thought. It was in an e-mail from a couple weeks ago.

Head andle 68.5ish and Seat angle 70ish depending on which 4in fork
Seat tube 15.75
Effective Top Tube 22.4
Bottom Bracket 12.5

It also has tensioner style dropouts that can be switched between QR and 12mm TA

-HB

hbracca

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Eugene, OR
Any news on the Matador frame? New colours, geo changes, etc...?
Redesigned around the same suspension (leverage ratios/pivots stayed the same). If I remember correct, its gunna come in 3 dif sizes with a lighter version of the easton FS tubing it had before, and dropouts that allow 12mm T/A or QR. I have also been working on a maxle option, just not sure if people would be interested.

sixsixtysix posted a pic of one earlier in this thread (black ano with red dropouts in a nice rocky AZ backdrop)

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
That's the new Matador? That looks awesome. The only thing that stopped me from picking up one at the beginning of the year was the colour. It looks like it needs a bigger fork now? I remember it being a 100/130mm fork compatible frame...

hbracca

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Eugene, OR
That's the new Matador? That looks awesome. The only thing that stopped me from picking up one at the beginning of the year was the colour. It looks like it needs a bigger fork now? I remember it being a 100/130mm fork compatible frame...
I don't think it will NEED a bigger fork, just depends on what you are using it for its pretty versatile. When I was testing the first gen I ran it with a 36 talas (100-160 travel) for a bit then switched to the 32 talas (100-140). It handled everything I threw at it. I would set it at 100mm and turn the propedal on the DHX air on for climbing and back to full travel once I got to the top. The pic on the new homepage is about a 6ft down and 15 to 20 out to the top of the tranny and Pdirt and I hit that about 20 times that day trading back and forth and trying different effects with the camera. That was with the 36, now it has the 32 on it and I have been putting it through the paces with more ride to the top then its all down type of trails. You could still run a 100-120mm fork on there and it would be a ton of fun, but with the 140-160mm is where you will be keeping up with your DH buddies (and beating them on the uphill)

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Thanks for the reply. I'm currently running a RS Pike 426 on my bike and the fork was bought with the intention of running it on the Matador frame once I get it. Now that I've seen the frame in black(from the post you directed me to), I'll wait for its release.

I have also been working on a maxle option, just not sure if people would be interested.
Hey, if the maxle works with Hope Pro IIs, I'd definitely be interested.

hbracca

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Eugene, OR
Can you run a dual front ring set-up on it?
You sure can. Im pretty sure it will have ISCG tabs on it for a guide also.

I'm currently running a RS Pike 426 on my bike and the fork was bought with the intention of running it on the Matador frame once I get it.
That fork/frame combo will be tons of fun and super reliable.

Hey, if the maxle works with Hope Pro IIs, I'd definitely be interested.
The Maxle would work with any 12x135 TA hubs - the Hope proII's are my weapon of choice for hubs. I run them on three of my bikes now.

hbracca

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Eugene, OR
HOw's about throwing up a couple more photos of that Matador if you will?
Hit up sixsixtysix for some more, I won't be able to take pics for a bit. The new matador has moved on, my buddy in Salem will be on it for the next few weeks while I beat on a dif proto. I will be riding with him here in a week or so tho and will try to get a few pics while we do runs at blackrock.

hbracca

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Eugene, OR
Any word on the proto DH frame?
I'm expecting the next revision in about 8 weeks. I don't anticipate many glitches with this one so it should be pretty close to the production bike, I just wanted to make sure I worked out the bugs of the last version. There are a couple solidworks shots of it and a listing of the geometry in another thread that I put up in the DH forum a couple weeks ago "new revision of my 8in bike" I would attach a link, but haven't figured that out yet.

juk_lano

Chimp
Jun 27, 2007
I'm expecting the next revision in about 8 weeks. I don't anticipate many glitches with this one so it should be pretty close to the production bike, I just wanted to make sure I worked out the bugs of the last version. There are a couple solidworks shots of it and a listing of the geometry in another thread that I put up in the DH forum a couple weeks ago "new revision of my 8in bike" I would attach a link, but haven't figured that out yet.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204383

Looks glorious...

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
Sorry, been out of the loop for a few weeks.

The bike I posted is the first generation proto of the new 5" AM Soul Cycles. I believe it is going to be called the "Vegas" but don't quote me on that. It is based on the Matador, but has a lighter tubeset and some different angles.

I have been riding it for about a month now and its a really slick little bike, but it does need some adjustments. It is designed around a 5" (130mm) fork, but when I put on one it felt way to low in the front end, so I ended up sticking a 150mm Z1 on it and it feels about right, the head angle just needs some tweaking.

The suspension is great with the RP23, pedals well and still bomb's back down just fine.

The version I have does not have ISCG tabs, don't know if the production model will, but I am running dual rings with a Blackspire Stinger just fine.

The new drop out system is slick, allowing you to run 10mm or 12mm with a quick change.

Total build on the bike is about 34lbs as it sits, but I have a set of XT cranks I am throwing on this week to get some weight off of it.

Couple small things need to be addressed like cable routing, tire clearance, but overall it is a versatile rig and it loves to fly as well as it climbs.

Here are a few more pics, I don't imagine Chad will mind showing it off a bit.:biggrin:

hbracca

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Eugene, OR
So... Any pics of the Matador?
The new All Mountain frame "un-named, maybe vegas" will be replacing the Matador. There is also a new Freeride bike in the works that will be prob 6 or 7 inches of travel and a bit "beefier". The prototype I have weighs in at 9.2lbs, but has a lot of refining to be done. The two of those frames should cover the mid travel range quite well.

-HB