Quantcast

Soul Cycles Roscoe

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Anyone know how this bike would be for downhill? I alreadyt have a Big Hit but I want a hardtail too and I was looking into this bike. It is cromo so I am guessing it should be pretty good the only thing is, it is designed around a 130mm fork. Are there any good 130mm forks out there for a reasonable price?
Think this bike could take downhill abuse?

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Sir_Crackien said:
for dh look into the sluggo. its big burly and bad ass
Yeah but would the Roscoe be okay for say 50% trails then on some weekends when not racing 50% downhill? I really like the idea of a cromo frame and I also like how the Roscoe is cheaper than the Sluggo.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
A hardtail like that would work just fine. Ive raced my 243 and it rocked. Im not saying that frame is on the 243 plane of existance, but i assume it can handle similar things. :blah: Something less chunky is actually kind of nice for dh'n on a hardtail as manuevability out weighs plowability.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Mattoid said:
A hardtail like that would work just fine. Ive raced my 243 and it rocked. Im not saying that frame is on the 243 plane of existance, but i assume it can handle similar things. :blah: Something less chunky is actually kind of nice for dh'n on a hardtail as manuevability out weighs plowability.
Thanks, anyone else?

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
DH biker said:
In that case, Sluggo it is. :)
With ita low bb & steepish headangle, I think it would slacken up & raise nicely for DH with a longer fork. It also has a headgussett which should help with the longer fork. Call Chad & ask him what the longest fork that can be used is.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
redical said:
With ita low bb & steepish headangle, I think it would slacken up & raise nicely for DH with a longer fork. It also has a headgussett which should help with the longer fork. Call Chad & ask him what the longest fork that can be used is.
Yeah, I'll send him an e-mail or call him tonight.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I know somebody selling his ... the build is great, Hadleys, Profiles, WB fork, but maybe he would part out the frame if that is all you want. PM me for contact info if you are interested.

sjcX3oldtown

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
san juan capistrano old town
hey i had the ROSCOE to test from soul cycles - they sent it to me raw but the beach air got to it, so make sure u get it treated if u choose it - i put sum 100mm FOX vanilla's on the front Saint cranks, SUV wheels, truvativ bar stem HOLZvellar - hayes carbon 9's, i beam set up , so yea i reall liked it BE SURE TO GET A BOLT ON REAR WHEEL for it cause a quikrelease just gets loose after a lil case of a jump or hard landing, i really liked the geomatry of it - ride it with the wheel all the way in the dropouts to get it really feelin good, i say the frame will haold up but not my forks - get sum MANITOUS sherman jumpers or there new fork the got a strong crown cause for downhill FOX aint going to cut it

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Frankenschwinn said:
Why. Quantify your statement. My loki is holding up quite nicely.

Yes please elaborate. I've been riding my Titan for a year now and it's great. Their service is great. Their prices are great. Phone calls and emails are returned promptly. What else could you ask for?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
merrrrjig said:
Maybe a frame that doesnt look like a girls bike!
Now that you mention it, I don't really care for the aesthetics of the Rosco frame all that much myself. That little swoop in the toptube isn't all that pretty but I'm sure it will save a nutsack or two. I imagine it's there so that you can get your feet over the top tube for can-cans, etc. I mean it is a DJ bike after all.

You might not like that particular frame, but the company making it is top notch.

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
jdschall said:
Now that you mention it, I don't really care for the aesthetics of the Rosco frame all that much myself. That little swoop in the toptube isn't all that pretty but I'm sure it will save a nutsack or two. I imagine it's there so that you can get your feet over the top tube for can-cans, etc. I mean it is a DJ bike after all.

You might not like that particular frame, but the company making it is top notch.

For a purpose built bike on a budget you can't go wrong with SC. Not much bling factor but that doesn't get you far once the gate drops.

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
I do not own any soul cycles but, I have ridden many soul cycles frames and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I think there approach to the industry in trying to offer a full line-up of frames at a more affordable for some price is great. Their not the most prestigous frames out there but hey, its a great starter frame for alot of people, technology in hardtails really doesnt change much compared to the full suspension world. I have spoken with chad numerous times and he is a great guy....give the company a break, just because they dont have a huge price tag and fancy paint schemes doesn't mean they arent good....

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
merrrrjig said:
If you can do can cans id hope u wouldnt be riding a soul cycles, you should be riding a good bike, like a black market!
Dude I've been riding an '04 Titan for a while now - the bikes are solid and I'd love to hear why you think so poorly of them.

I know you (and I) live in the OC so they must suck since it doesn't cost $800 for a hardtail, but other than that BS give some actual reasons based on YOUR experience... or are you just having fun trolling?

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
yea a SC roscoe for DH would be absolutly terrible. The roscoe is an excellent DJ Urban bike, but for anything else its super rough. Ask Formermountainboarder he has one, its pretty sick.

sjcX3oldtown

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
san juan capistrano old town
wess suck a phatty u dont ride period u take pictures thats ur high, the ROSCOE is an awsome frame for DJ in the swoop helps out allot and looks good

heres the front end-
- the welds on this bike is an PEICE of ART its awsome how good this frame is, i would take an BLKMRKT MOB over it due to weight purposes but other than an awsoem bike to throw around and take a beating i soo wan to build it back up - i now built up a 05 LOKI

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
merrrrjig said:
If you can do can cans id hope u wouldnt be riding a soul cycles, you should be riding a good bike, like a black market!
A black market is alright, but it is still a $300 S&M cruiser with a $600 price tag. If you call that good, then I guess it's good. :rofl:

The Roscoe is much more versatile. The Black Market geo, for example, is too extreme & sketchy for 4x racing. SO all you have is a $600 jump frame. And at that weight, how long do yo uthinkit will last?

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Nice looking bike. So the Roscoe is a no-go for a DH/FR bike. I guess I ahve to get a Sluggo... when is the Soul Cycles site supposed to be done?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i know this is a an old-nug thread but i came across a roscoe frame and i'm tempted to build it up as a rigid urban bike, as kind of a retro build. (i already have newer bikes).