Quantcast

Soul Ride

junebug

Chimp
Feb 23, 2002
SoCal
It is on my list of things to do. Heard it is really great.
Are you thinking about do it?
What about the Soul Ride?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by junebug
It is on my list of things to do. Heard it is really great.
Are you thinking about do it?
What about the Soul Ride?
I'm thinking of doing the Tour this year. Not sure on the Soul Ride, I'm kind of burnt out on driving all over for races. We're going to the Kernville Fat Tire Festival Oct 17-20 and I'd hate to turn around and drive out to Tucson the very next weekend. I'll probably pass this year.

I just thought I would let you both know that if you are going to spend the time driving and racing, the Soulride is way more fun than the Tour. The Soulride lives up to its name and is thoroughly epic. It isn't technical, and mostly rolls along fire roads in the middle of the desert. Todd Sadow puts on a killer race, its very worth it to try this race out.

The tour is fun, but its super crowded and full of dangerous riders.

Just my opinion, and I do tend to lean more toward off road than on road racing. :) But again, Todd does know how to put a wicked fun race together.

junebug

Chimp
Feb 23, 2002
SoCal
I did the Soul Ride last year, and had a blast. You are so right about the races that Todd puts on!
Did you do the 24 hour race?

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
But that time of season i am done "racing" and just want to chill. Road riding is much easier on me. :)

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by AZ Chick
Just my opinion, and I do tend to lean more toward off road than on road racing. :) But again, Todd does know how to put a wicked fun race together.
I'll throw in another plug for Epic Rides - 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo was a blast. We plan to make it an annual event until we are too old to ride.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by ghostrider
I'll throw in another plug for Epic Rides - 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo was a blast. We plan to make it an annual event until we are too old to ride.
Yes, that is an awesome event. I think that was my first 24 Hour Race!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by ghostrider
Mine too. I guess your "first time" always holds a special place in your heart.
:p I've been toying with the idea of soloing that this year. Work is just so damn busy that month though. :(

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by Heidi
:p I've been toying with the idea of soloing that this year. Work is just so damn busy that month though. :(
I say do it! At least you don't have to worry about elevation, heat, or long climbs. As for work, I'm in a "screw work" mood right now. Actually, I'm in a "screw everything" mood right now.