Quantcast

Sounds pathetic....

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
but it really isnt.

It's impossible to put my tire on my rim. Its a Monty Mod trials tire on a 20" Arrow Racing rim. Last time I tried I ended up bringing it to the shop and they broke a couple tire levers in the process of putting it on. This time, I'd rather do it myself.

I have most of the tire on and when I try to put it on anymore, the levers bend to more than 90*. The rim is already grinded so I tried using a screw driver (making sure not to touch the tube) and it still wont work. This is driving me nuts right now because I hella want to ride trials tomorrow at Stanford with a bunch of other peepz.

Any ideas are appreciated.

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
Try heating up the tire by putting it in a bucket of really hot water and then try to put it on the rim... the heat should allow the rubber to streach more...

Surfboard921

Chimp
Feb 1, 2004
I'm assuming you're talking about a rear tire, if so, you should know that monty rear tires are for 19inch rims, just like any rear mod tires, not 20....

stith

Chimp
Feb 27, 2004
If like they are saying you have a 19 and aren't aware then why wont the 20 flop on and not stay???HMMMM??? the real solution is simple to discover the bead diameter of the tire and rim in question. If they differ you're screwed. Your local dealer can help if this is greek to you but trust me I'm right, and that's why they call me,

Sith