Quantcast

South-End riding this week?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
My folks sold their house this weekend - so I'm obliged to continue assisting with the packing of their millions of boxes of stuffs the next few weeks.

However, this doesn't mean I'm down with not riding after work ;). So who's up for some afternoon fun at the Worm on Tuesday or Wednesday? Meet @ 4-ish (traffic is always yucky for me).

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
My folks sold their house this weekend - so I'm obliged to continue assisting with the packing of their millions of boxes of stuffs the next few weeks.

However, this doesn't mean I'm down with not riding after work ;). So who's up for some afternoon fun at the Worm on Tuesday or Wednesday? Meet @ 4-ish (traffic is always yucky for me).
I would like to hit it on Tuesday, but the weather looks the wettest(is that even a word)that day. I'll pack my bike and gear Tuesday morning and play it by ear.

How are you feeling?

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
I would like to hit it on Tuesday, but the weather looks the wettest(is that even a word)that day. I'll pack my bike and gear Tuesday morning and play it by ear.

How are you feeling?
Sounds good for the playing it by ear. Mom's so crazy right now, she's not sure she even wants any help this week...lol...

I'm feeling tons better - the scabs all came off my face this weekend. At this point it doesn't look like there will be any scars - but there are still two deepish grooves on my cheek...if they scar, they'll be super tiny and way back into my hairline...so :D is good news :thumb:

I may wear some gauze over the owies while riding this week just to keep dirt out of the stuff that's still healing ...

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Jr_Bullit said:
I'm feeling tons better - the scabs all came off my face this weekend. At this point it doesn't look like there will be any scars - but there are still two deepish grooves on my cheek...if they scar, they'll be super tiny and way back into my hairline...so :D is good news :thumb:

I may wear some gauze over the owies while riding this week just to keep dirt out of the stuff that's still healing ...
:eek: What did you do? :confused:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
RhinofromWA said:
Holy crap!

I am glad you two made it out with as little as you did.

Going to wear a full face helmet next time? :D

For rock climbing? :rolleyes: nahhh - no need really ...though they do make helmets that I've utilized in areas where Rock is more known to be yanked off the cliff... :o:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Jr_Bullit/Lounge said:
you could say it was as a result of winter weather. We went rock-climbing in Squamish...the last climb of the day was on an established route that wasn't too difficult of a grade.

Steve got to a section on the climb, where a massive boulder looked somewhat detached, but there are so many climbs with pieces that look like that...and the route map showed the route going straight over it. So...he climbed over the boulder, and when he was standing on top of it, ready to go on...the boulder came loose...It was at least 6' tall, 4' across, and a foot thick. The last place it struck was about 10' over where my head was. I was lucky ...I ended up with only a few scrapes on my face, some bruses down my side and on my knees.
Yah rock climbing views have got to be beautiful, but having your last view being a big frickin rock approaching your melon just wouldn't be fun. i tried rock climbin but i got too much junk in my trunk, my poor fingies get thrashed... :p

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Amy - I'm outtie tonight :( I need to stay late this afternoon to coach the new guy - he needs some professional development, and as his supervisor, I gotta do the duty ;).

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
Amy - I'm outtie tonight :( I need to stay late this afternoon to coach the new guy - he needs some professional development, and as his supervisor, I gotta do the duty ;).
That's coo...don't you love being in charge of people :rolleyes: I'll probable still ride if the weather stays good.

I'm planning on hitting St. Ed's on Thursday...you down?

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
That's coo...don't you love being in charge of people :rolleyes: I'll probable still ride if the weather stays good.

I'm planning on hitting St. Ed's on Thursday...you down?
Yeppers! Count me in. :)

You riding tomorrow at all?

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
I can ride tomorrow instead of Thursday. I'm so stressed at work this week I think I need to ride just to relax :mumble:
Okay - well which day do you prefer - cuz the other day I'm gonna try a yoga thing with this gym in woodinville....

:)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Jr_Bullit said:
Okay - well which day do you prefer - cuz the other day I'm gonna try a yoga thing with this gym in woodinville....

You missed the pink and purple skinny/teeter totter at the bottom of the tape. :dancing:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:

Riding Thur. would work better for me. I need to stay late tomorrow night at work!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
You missed the pink and purple skinny/teeter totter at the bottom of the tape. :dancing:
Did you do that? I was looking at in on Sunday and it's not real sturdy.

Thanks for riding with me Skook. I haven't seen you in so long!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Did you do that? I was looking at in on Sunday and it's not real sturdy.

Thanks for riding with me Skook. I haven't seen you in so long!
Yah after crashin on it 4 times i made a succesful run at it. :dancing: And no it's not sturdy at all, i give that stunt a life of about a year before it rots away, or someone breaks it. i was glad i was able to catch up to you, we gotta ride Mt. Constitution. Mt. Constitution.....
*hypnotizing brainswashing trancist chant*
Mt. Constitution
:dancing:
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Yah after crashin on it 4 times i made a succesful run at it. :dancing: And no it's not sturdy at all, i give that stunt a life of about a year before it rots away, or someone breaks it. i was glad i was able to catch up to you, we gotta ride Mt. Constitution. Mt. Constitution.....
*hypnotizing brainswashing trancist chant*
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution
Mt. Constitution

Dang! You're daring :nope: Huge props to you for trying it again, and again, and again. I was thinking on the way back to the car that I should have rode Tape with you again! :monkey:

I talked to Kevin and he is under my powers for my birthday weekend! Now lets just cross our fingers for the weather :D

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
Riding Thur. would work better for me. I need to stay late tomorrow night at work!
Thursday sounds perfect! Steve will probably be with me :D

Tonight..."hot" yoga (they keep the room heated to 100 degrees) ...I think I'm gonna get my tush handed to me :dead:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
Thursday sounds perfect! Steve will probably be with me :D

Tonight..."hot" yoga (they keep the room heated to 100 degrees) ...I think I'm gonna get my tush handed to me :dead:
Really? Steve? COOL :thumb: I'll try and get Kevin to come and they can they can do the 'guy' thing ;)

Oh, I have heard of that yoga...(I forgot the name of it) Tell me how you like it! I could be interested.....

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
Really? Steve? COOL :thumb: I'll try and get Kevin to come and they can they can do the 'guy' thing ;)

Oh, I have heard of that yoga...(I forgot the name of it) Tell me how you like it! I could be interested.....
I did a "tour" of the facilities last night...I really like the owner (and her funny dog that wanders around the office area of the place), and am super looking forward to my class tonight! They have an intro deal where you get to take 3 classes (or go two weeks) for $15...after that drop-in classes are $15 each. I'll probably buy a pass rather than pay that amount.

I'll let you know tomorrow!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Cool! I need to work on my flexiblity....I'm not bendy at all :mad:

I talked to Kevin and he's in for tomorrow. 4pm? He'll probably be a few minutes late :mumble: