Quantcast

South Florida riding (ANY)?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
My parents just moved to Pompano Beach & are looking for somewhere to ride. They are used to riding their Mtn. Bikes on the road but say there is no way they are going to brave the So. FL traffic. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. They are really looking for something non-technical (are there are any tech trails in FL?) like a rail-trail, bike path, or even some tame single track.

Thanks in advance!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Check out Ridgeriders.net

I'm not sure if it's close to you but those guys have built some scary stuff on their TOE.

Death Teeter

Oh you meant non-technical..... :sneaky:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
DVNT said:
Check out Ridgeriders.net

I'm not sure if it's close to you but those guys have built some scary stuff on their TOE.

Death Teeter
Ridgeriders is not in South Florida.

TN. Have them check out www.ClubMud.com Quiet Waters is close to their house and has nice trails for all levels. They WILL encounter some more "technical" stuff riding around Quiet Waters, but they can just go around. They could easily make an easy loop just riding around the lakes on dirt paths through all the Australian Pine. Jonathen Dickens (about an hour north) of them also has similar trails. There are also some rails to trails type stuff in South Miami near the Everglades National park.

And yes there are some actual technical trails in South Florida.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Ridgeriders is not in South Florida.

I didn't think they were, I just wanted to plug what they were building down there. I'm going to try to make the trip this winter sometime.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
DVNT said:
I didn't think they were, I just wanted to plug what they were building down there. I'm going to try to make the trip this winter sometime.

No problem, the Ridgeriders and their park the TOE Rocks :) If you are in the area and like riding trail as well, I STRONGLY recommend you check out Alafia state park. Very good flowing single track with technical sections for fun.