Quantcast

South Fork Skokomish Trail Pix

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
On the southeast corner of the Olympic National Forest, me, Serial Midget and my pal Jonny discovered a great XC river ride. Technical in some spots the trail for the most part was super nice and smooth. As far as scenic rides go, i've found that river trails while not being heavy on epic views do provide wonderful lush scenery for the ride. We're really lucky to have so many great river trails around here, this being yet another great scenic ride.

Jonny and SM rolling thru a one of many sections where the trail runs down in a lush basin close to the river.

A common site on Pac NW trails in the spring.

Several sections of the trail rise up making for challenging sometimes grueling climbs, here a section of wash out from the river changing routes, has erased the trail, which of course had been rerouted further back on the hill.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Of course what comes up must go down. Serial Midge took this shot of us comin down one the many hills. This being an out and back trail we got to see both ends of the spectrum as far as climbing and descending.

You really can't help but glide along and check out the scenery as you ride.

Finally about 8 miles up the river we took a well deserved break. Enjoyed the sun, scenery and some grub.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
it was great riding once again with the venerable Master Sensei Serial Midget! The great shoe salesman has been devoting way too much time to his craft, so i was stoked that i was able to pull him away for a great ride. :dancing:

:dancing: GOOD TIMES :dancing:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
berkshire_rider said:
Nice pics Skookum. Looks like an opportunity for another a-frame up over a tree. :evil:
Haha this is a multi use trail on federal forest land. Building stunts is a big :nope: :) .

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Skookum said:
Believe it or not i ride with a few guys that can! it's amazing how good some people can be on bikeys. :)
Like seeing Ethan and Bart hop over that fallen tree on connector trail at the bottom of Tiger??? How do they do that??? :mumble:

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Wow -- those are awesome pics!! That fallen tree just needs lots of logs piled on either side. Then it isn't a "stunt" but still fun to ride.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice photos Skookum - but man you look like a huge compared to your Enduro - how tall are you?

You'd be a good candidate for one of them there 29" wheeled bikes methinks. ;)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MUTOLI said:
Like seeing Ethan and Bart hop over that fallen tree on connector trail at the bottom of Tiger??? How do they do that??? :mumble:
They are the crazy's that i was talkin about. :dancing:

MMcG said:
but man you look like a huge compared to your Enduro - how tall are you?
PsychO!1 said:
Skooks is only 5'2" tall, that bike has 20" wheels....why do you think the trees look so big??? :evil:
True dat... :o:
That makes Serial Midget 4'5"? i think?? :monkey:

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
wow it deffinatly looks like i need to make a trip up there to go ride or maybee even move up there. that would be so awsome. well great pics man you just made my 4th period with your awsome pics.