Quantcast

South Prairie Indoor BMX

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
there is a NEW indoor this year to replace PI.

302 3rd street South Prairie WA 98385

real easy to find; go to Bonney Lake and take SO Prairie rd. to the end. take a right into town. the track is on your left a couple streets over.

dress warm there are NO walls.
the track is as big or bigger than PI

first race Nov 4&5
$15.00 entry fees
it will be ran by Magic Mike

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
if enough (3) mtb'ers show up you will get your own class.

you must have an ABA membership $45.00 it can be purchased at the track (first race free w/purchase of full membership at the track)

items needed; number plate, frame and stem pad (cross bar pad if you have bmx style bars), long pants and shirt, helmet w/ ear coverage,

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
so theres 2 races next weekend, 45 bucks on saturday, first race free (if not a member) and then 15 for the next?
stem pads?

any other info on the course and the classes

I tried signing up but couldn't find any more information..

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Five - Snacks already has us booked this weekend with Skookum. I think there was mention of banjo music in the woods near a river.:bonk:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
so theres 2 races next weekend, 45 bucks on saturday, first race free (if not a member) and then 15 for the next?
stem pads?

any other info on the course and the classes

I tried signing up but couldn't find any more information..
If you're racing mtb class - you race against any of the mtbers. Maximum of 8 on the gate. Just stay clear of Certified Drunk...he uses his elbows - sticks in in your ribs and pushes you away as you're trying to close the door on him....ahem :disgust:

Mut

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Renton, WA
black sunshine did you race today? I'm thinking of racing tomorrow, but worried that even though it's covered, it was really flipping windy and rainy today. I'm wondering how it held up?

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
i had to work. i'm going to go sunday.

an email from the track operator:

A BIG DAY today at South Prairie BMX.......
South Prairie, Washington
Opening day at a new winter bmx facility......

Racing was dry, parking was wet....

Opening day drew a very mellow crowd... Lots of smiles.... Lots of thank you's..... And a lot of complimentary remarks for the track built via the Mark Crosby - Mark Hutko partnership..... Several people offered high praise for a new winter racing facility in Western Washington... Several people offered Thank You's just for a place to race in the winter.....

Eighty-nine entries made up twenty-four motos of racing action...
Attendance by district: wa01 = 24; wa02 = 26; wa04 = 27; or01 = 5; AB01 = 1; new = 6
Cities represented on the first day:
Washington --- Arlington, Auburn, Bonney Lake, Bothell, Bow, Burien, Des Moines, Edmonds, Enumclaw, Everett, Federal Way, Ferndale, Graham, Issaquah, Kent, Marysville, Milton, Mount Vernon, Ocean Shores, Olympia, Orting, Pacific, Port Angeles, Port Orchard, Puyallup, Seattle, Sedro Wooley, Sequim, Spanaway, Sumner, Tacoma, Toledo
Oregon --- Newberg, Portland
Canada --- Airdrie, Alberta

One of the best races of the day was before the bmx activity started as two SUV's lined up and took off in the parking lot, literally spraying muddy water from ten to thirty feet out the sides.... Good thing the kids weren't out roaming the parking lots today...

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Hey, any idea where one can find a schedule for the winter racing.
Thanks in advance!

Lars
there is a NEW indoor this year to replace PI.

302 3rd street South Prairie WA 98385

real easy to find; go to Bonney Lake and take SO Prairie rd. to the end. take a right into town. the track is on your left a couple streets over.

dress warm there are NO walls.
the track is as big or bigger than PI

first race Nov 4&5
$15.00 entry fees
it will be ran by Magic Mike

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Buildyourown and I hit it up on Sat. Course was great, just needs to get packed in a little. The drive to Bonney Lake was quick and easy, and everyone was super friendly and cool. The parking lot was a bit muddy so don't wear your church shoes if you go. They waived entree fees if you signed up for the $45 ABA membership which was killer too.

Two Thumbs up!

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
ethan was there sunday for the fun.

they are going to make the two step up's (1st jump & jump going into 2nd turn) smaller so you can pedal over them. also reshape the rythem section.

Racing again next weekend at South Prairie Arena BMX, in South Prairie, Washington

On Saturday November 11:
Racing sign-up is 10:00-11:00am
After racing, and a short clean up period, A TWO HOUR GATE PRACTICE WILL BE HELD
Gate Practice will be free to all riders listed on the day's moto sheets
Riders not on the moto sheets for the day will need to pay a $5 fee for gate practice. (i think you need to be an ABA member)

On Sunday November 12:
Sunday race sign up will be 10:00-11:00am

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
Sunday race attendance by district:
wa01 = 21, wa02 = 39, wa04 = 29, or01 = 6, AB01 = 1, NFM = 3

Cities represented on Day 2 at South Prairie:
Washington --- Arlington, Auburn, Bonney Lake, Bremerton, Buckley, Burlington, Burien, Des Moines, Enumclaw, Kent, Graham, Lake Tapps, Marysville, Milton, Mount Vernon, Olympia, Orting, Pacific, Port Orchard, Puyallup, Redmond, Renton, Seattle, Sedro Wooley, Shoreline, Spanaway, Sumner, Tacoma, University Place,
Oregon --- Newberg, Oregon City, West Linn,
Canada --- Airdrie, Alberta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Apparent Route of Choice in Getting to SPBMX the first weekend appears to have been the following:

From Puyallup on Hwy. 410, as you reach the exit for River Valley, continue passed that exit and stay on Hwy. 410 up the hill to Bonney Lake. From the top of the hill, travel to the fifth signal and turn right at that signal onto South Prairie Road. Follow South Prairie Road to its end as it meets Hwy 162, it is a T- intersection and you are required to turn. Turn Right, across the bridge, passed the espresso stand on your left, turn left onto Emery Ave. So., and travel to the stop sign, turn right onto 3rd street, the arena entrance will be on your left and have recognizable bmx banner(s) on the fences and gates… Arena property address is: 302 – 3rd Street, South Prairie, WA. 98385

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correction: in earlier posts, I indicated South Prairie has one tavern, one gas station/mini-mart, and two espresso stands... the tavern is actually a restaurant with a liquor license and not a tavern.... All of the amenities are a short walk from the arena, or a very short, quick bike ride...

One of the espresso stands has great milk shakes.... Hand made with a very rich ice cream.....

Mike Raich, T.O.
Peninsula Indoor @ SPBMX
Information phone: 206-246-2661
No phone, nor e-mail registrations
E-mail @ mike@...
webpage @ www.gobmx.com

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
Answering the Monday Morning Questions about South Prairie BMX......

First -- the following post reprinted below, answers most of the questions that have come in so far this morning.....
This post was sent out on WaBMXnews, BMXtalk, plus talk programs from BMXracingnw, Cottage Grove, and nwbike

Second -- One very good question we have not addressed, and should have by now, is:
Is the South Prairie track open for practice on weekdays?
Answer, NO --- this track is located on PRIVATE PROPERTY and the track is only open to bmx riding during ABA scheduled events; races, practices, clinics... The track will only be open for dates scheduled with ABA and when local ABA track officials are on site.... Anyone entering the property at any other time will be treated as a trespasser on private property...

Third -- is South Prairie BMX listed at www.gobmx.com ????
Yes it is, on the main page, not in the track listings.... The main page shows South Prairie, with a "click here for more information" which goes to a PDF file of the front page of the flyer that has been mailed out to over 100 bike shops in the northwest... Check your local bike shop and ask them for a South Prairie race flyer for November & December... If they don't have copies, ask them to contact Mike at 206-246-2661; and I will get copies to them...

Fourth -- What are entry fees at South Prairie ???
Indoor fees apply -- Points Class = $15; points class & open = $18; pro = $25

Fifth -- What is sign-up time ???
10:00am-11:00am on Saturday Morning and on Sunday Morning....
All racing scheduled to date will be on Sat. & Sun. Mornings

Sixth -- A person asked how come South Prairie BMX isn't listed on the ABA track list ???
This track is being operated under the Peninsula Indoor BMX ABA sanction, and is using the South Prairie name for easy location of where the track is.... It's Peninsula Indoor at a new address, and that address is 302 – 3rd Street, South Prairie, WA. 98385...

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
the new indoor did not flood there will be racing as planed.

saturday after racing ends 2hr free gates to all that signed up, and $5 to late arrivals that just want gates. must be an ABA member.

knucklebutt

Chimp
Jan 20, 2004
Mutoli and Tuttle- Good time racing with you guys on Saturday! I rarely get to race the younger fellas, special thanks to Tuttle for not punting me over turn 1 :-)

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
The next races at South Prairie Arena BMX will be this weekend, November 18 & 19
Registration is 10:00am to 11:00am both Saturday and Sunday

South Prairie BMX
South Prairie, Washington

A crew modified the first turn last week to open it up more.....
To all of you that commented on the gravel from the arena to sign-up and
the concession trailer...... You're Welcome...!

South Prairie is on the web at www.gobmx.com and can be found on the main page

GOING TO THE "ABA GRANDS" CLINIC, This Saturday November 18,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
There will be a clinic Saturday after the race at South Prairie for
all that are going to the Grands

This is for both the riders and parents. Especially those that are new
at going to the Grands. We will go over what to expect there and what
to do to be ready for the biggest weekend of the year.

We will do gates and track practice. Try and help you to prepare for
this big race and be ready when you get there. Maybe some last minute
tune-up for that one little thing that has been bothering you.

This is a free clinic for all that race that day. Let's get a good
turnout and also let us all know who from here will be in Tulsa from
our area.

Did I mention that it is FREE

Dan Bushnell will be running it and probably will get some help from
other past participants. BE THERE