Quantcast

South Sound Pump Track.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I think its time to turn some of my 5 acre scotch broom farm into something Useful. This thread got me thinking.....

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145748&highlight=pump+track

I know Pump tracks are as trendy as 7" trail bikes, but I think it would be cool to have in my back yard. My problem is that the ground at my house is full of 2-4" river rock. I shoud put an add on Craigslist for some fill dirt and rent a tractor... vroom.

SR, BAH, (other southies) wanna help?

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Might try looking around for some construction going on and see if they are hauling OUT dirt and you could just ask them to dump it at your place? if you pull it off I would love to come ride and I will have Beer and steaks in hand or whatever the fee may be :)

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
oly said:
I think its time to turn some of my 5 acre scotch broom farm into something Useful. This thread got me thinking.....

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145748&highlight=pump+track

I know Pump tracks are as trendy as 7" trail bikes, but I think it would be cool to have in my back yard. My problem is that the ground at my house is full of 2-4" river rock. I shoud put an add on Craigslist for some fill dirt and rent a tractor... vroom.

SR, BAH, (other southies) wanna help?
oly, i keep my tractor at a friends blueberry farm in rochester. its a john deere 4310 with a frontloader and box blade. i'm mobile with it and it can do the digging of fifty men! rochester is purty close to you, right?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
I shoud put an add on Craigslist for some fill dirt and rent a tractor... vroom.
gotta knife in my back gotta hole in my arm i'm drivin the tractor on the drug farm!

Dude you so lazy you don't need a tractor haha!!! Lemme know if you want to put in some bridge work....

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
oly said:
I dont know..... I guess only if you wear a dirt lid with the straps loose....
hmmm, I don't have a dirt lid. When in April are you going to be in Japan? I'll be in Beijing, China the week of the 17th.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
oly said:
Im booked to leave the 3rd, and return the 9th... i get saturday and 3/4 of sunday free in tokyo!

What are you doing in China?
I guess I'll see you at the airport - I leave on the 3rd too, but to Europe then continue on to China. I'm travelling for work and will have a few days here and there between jobs for play.

olyman

Chimp
Mar 6, 2006
Oly, im a stranger, and new to mtn bking, but id be willing to lend a hand. I live over by the airport on old 99. -Later

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I love the pump tracks. Well, I love to pump BMX tracks. It's great passing people who are pedalling.

Oly, You'll be back in April and ready to start? I'll have PLENTY of free time from then and forward. Any job prospects in your area, bike or construction?

Tim

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Wow looks like you have alot of land to play with! If you got couch space or something id come down for a weekend and help.

I can make you a sign saying anything you want it to btw :)

I just cut the sheetmetal at work, spraypaint it, then have my friend print me the Vynal (sp?) and lay it over, Wont be the reflective stuff they use on the highways but will look the same during the day.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Oly, go to freedirt.com for your piles.
I picked up 80 yards for the DJs in the back yard that way.

(Almost sculpted and will get you pics when done.)
BTW: 80 yards meant a start hump and a 4 jump set.

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
wow and to think, I'll be going to the China Express in Safeway at some point during the weeks of the 10th and 17th