Quantcast

Southeast and Hurricane Helene

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm down in Athens and we managed dodge the worst of the storm, but a lot of my friends up in the Asheville area got fucked pretty hard. Trying to get a feeling for what trail systems need help with maintenance and help rebuilding. I know I'm probably early with this post but figure I'll throw it out there now so that if/when any of you other South-Easterners start to hear about whats opened/closed and what needs work / is running you can give a shout out.

Hope all of you are doing okay, and give me a shout out if you need anything that you can't get a-hold of up there, stores here are well stocked including food/water and also lowes/home depot.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
as far as i'm aware, all the monkies from that area are accounted for.

definitely too soon for trailwork, there are still lots of people unaccounted for.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
as far as i'm aware, all the monkies from that area are accounted for.

definitely too soon for trailwork, there are still lots of people unaccounted for.
Yeah - I just heard from one of my friends today for the first time.

Fuck man. Completely devastating.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Buddy at Ohlins and the whole crew were out till today .several couldn't make it in, roads were gone and no power, with danger of objects and hazards everywhere...

He hasn't checked his trail system yet but based on flow , it looks like it got destroyed...

Buddy in Florida was hit with it and he faired well his neighbors place down road was 6 feet underwater and roof gone. Neighborhood looked like a war zone...

I did see a commercial freezer in the river pic that id like to have ..

On a side note be careful buying anything from that region on eBay or shipped from there for a while...

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Cane Creek is similarly closed for the time being at least until they get power back.

Cleaning this up is going to take years, and I bet there will still be signs of this in 20 years.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
My brother in law lives in Asheville, they just got power back yesterday which was honestly surprisingly quick considering how many trees were down. Still no ETA on when they'll get water back though - hearing it could be weeks. They had the foresight to fill up the tub with water before the storm hit, and have been moving that over into the toilet tank to flush.

I got an email from Industry Nine saying everyone from there was safe, but operations were on hold for a while until everyone sorts out their personal situation.