Quantcast

SouthEast DH/DS Series

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Just wanted to know what you guys think the possability of doing a SouthEast series is? Maybe a Tri-state(NC,SC,GA) series. I have no idea how to organise something like this, so I would need help/suggestions. Anyone willing to get together and come up with some ideas?:brow:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I am sure a lot would like to see this happen. We have all the right venues to have a series. The biggest problem is there are not enough people that are really welling to help make it happen and keep it going. Everyone just wants to show up and have fun, then go home. I have thought about doing this many times but after all the work that went in to making Greenville’s race happen I am thinking I only have the time to keep that race going for the years to come. There is no way I can put that much time into 5+ races of Greenville’s caliber. If I was to do it Beach Mt, Sugar Mt, Wolf Mt, WindRock, and Greenville would be the series. Greenville’s race setting the standard for all the races. Meaning there would have to be requirements to be met to be part of the series. Elevation change would be one of those Requirements. Now with all that said I am working to get Beach Mt. back. If I am the one that runs that race I can't say at this time.

Now I think the Real Question to ask in this Thread is? How many people are really welling to step up to help make a South East Race Series happen????? Remember we tried to do this in the past, but two different parties kept that from happening. I am not naming names..... Remember everyone has to come together and agree on the same.

Cecil

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Now I think the Real Question to ask in this Thread is? How many people are really willing to step up to help make a South East Race Series happen?????
Cecil[/QUOTE]

Cecil, I'm willing to help! Anbody else want to make the South rise again!!!!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Now with all that said I am working to get Beach Mt. back. If I am the one that runs that race I can't say at this time.

Cecil

Don't keep us in the dark on that one Cecil. Between ASU and LMC cycling teams, we have a huge local volunteer base, and new trails and races at beech and sugar are exactly what we want. You live nearly 3 hours away and I'm not sure if that makes sense for you to head up that endeavor. Let us know what your connections at beech are and we could be a valuable asset to making it happen.

We've been talking about this for ages, but it sounds like you may have some pull that we don't. The mountain is about to change ownership and make some serious upgrades. If we want real trails there other than just the old track, it would be impossible for you to make any real impact as far as building goes just because of your location.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Series?

Yeah we got a series.

Clemson race
Greenville race
3 Carter's lake races
26west race
Icycle race
and now the Gobbler

Thats 8 races, with pretty much the same crew. To me that is a series. :bonk:

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
Definitely the ultimate bro series, so much fun...we just need to get some big races going again and bring people from a ways away to the SE and make it grow.

Like Mulestar said, we've got the location on lock, I'm in direct contact with sugar all the time, and we have been talking about things to happen for the upcoming season and they will probably be down with a race or two, maybe not on nmbs level next year, but a SE series type deal for sure...and some new trails. The official (heard by me, directly from the top) reason they didn't do the norba this past year was because half of the mountain was torn up all summer putting in new piping and it just was not logistically possible for it to happen. They were not stoked on numbers from the last race but that was not why they did not have it. Sugar is all about having people on bikes up there in the summer. As far as Beech, I am down for helping out however I can up there as well, it definitely makes sense for the Appstate Lees-McRae crew to have some pretty serious involvement like M* said since we do live within 20 minutes of sugar and 30 of beech.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Don't keep us in the dark on that one Cecil. Between ASU and LMC cycling teams, we have a huge local volunteer base, and new trails and races at beech and sugar are exactly what we want. You live nearly 3 hours away and I'm not sure if that makes sense for you to head up that endeavor. Let us know what your connections at beech are and we could be a valuable asset to making it happen.

We've been talking about this for ages, but it sounds like you may have some pull that we don't. The mountain is about to change ownership and make some serious upgrades. If we want real trails there other than just the old track, it would be impossible for you to make any real impact as far as building goes just because of your location.
Right now I think it’s smart to not get to many people involved up there. There will be a time for that later. Let a few of us get the demographics and standards set up their first. Then it can be turned over to someone that wants to abide by the rules Beach wants and make it happen. Like I already said, it will not be me as I have way to much going on right now trying to make two DH and XC races happen in Greenville next year. I will let you know when that right time is. Now is not that time due to the Ski Season coming up.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
d-sapp is the man! I really hope we can get something at Sugar, as I still need revenge from my 07 race crash! Dont think we need anything like NMBS or Norba, just a good race atmosphere where everyone has fun. Paris Mt. was ''The'' race to judge all others by for next season!! For the small group that put it together, they brought in some big sponsors and did an excellent job running it. Gets my vote for best Race of the year!!! Guys, lets make every race we have in the South the race of the year!!!!

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Series?

Yeah we got a series.

Clemson race
Greenville race
3 Carter's lake races
26west race
Icycle race
and now the Gobbler

Thats 8 races, with pretty much the same crew. To me that is a series. :bonk:
Good call Doug! We need to add Windrock to that list and we would be set!
Now if we can put something together for a real series, Cecil, since you have the gift of gab, I'm nominating you to work on the sponsor's and the details.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Good call Doug! We need to add Windrock to that list and we would be set!
Now if we can put something together for a real series, Cecil, since you have the gift of gab, I'm nominating you to work on the sponsor's and the details.
Not if I keep hearing about Mass E-Mails where certain persons are saying crap regarding things they don't know about or understand my real thoughts without asking me first. Yes I have the E-Mail and I know who you are.... I am so sick of the Two Faced people out there that act like your friend when you around then talk bad about you behind your back. WTF!!!! You don’t earn any respect that way. I will not say Names because I feel this is the last that needs to be said about this.

You all need to know now, that I have not done everything I have done in the past year to make our (Yes I said Our) Race here in Greenville a success all in the name of getting all the Credit for it. I had help from others to make all of it happen. Guys that don't even race DH. My name is not Credit Linder!!!!!
I wanted to see a race happen in the Greenville area. I knew it could be a big thing in the South East for our sport. So I stepped up and made it happen. I asked for the help to make it happen. I got it from my Up State SORBA group. Up State SORBA gave a lot of help and I give them a lot of the credit for the Race. I just set the Standards, Rules, and worked on all the Sponsorship for the race so it would be a Success.

So you guys sending out Mass E-mails with my name all over it, why don’t you copy me in next time or just call me up to tell me your thoughts over the phone. My E-mail is cecil.linder@gmail.com and Ph# is 864-630-4442. No need for those kind of E-Mails guys!!!!!! This is why the MADRA and Maxxis Series didn’t work out and DH racing died in the South East compared to what it used to be. No one wanted to work together……….. I say we all should work together!!!!!!!!

When I talk about certain Standards and Rules for races I am not saying your race is or is not going to be included or excluded. I can’t say this for everyone and will not. I only voice my opion. You take it as you want. I feel if you really want to be taken seriously as a Race Series in the Cycling Industry and Race World you need to set precedence. Races need to be like those up North. Why do you think the North East blew up so fast. The Ski Resorts started holding real DH races and opening parks to ride at. Real Sponsorship and $$ was brought in. I feel 5 to 6 races really focused on and some real time put into, the South East could rise again. This is all I am saying. Not that I am going to do it. That is someone else’s job. I will be glad to help where I can, but like I said the 2 DH and XC races I am working on for 2009 will take up way to much of the time I already don’t have. If you can’t respect me for wanting to make things happen then don’t even bring my name up……. Don’t be jealous of me because I put some real time in to help make something great happen for our Sport in the South East.

Now that I have said what was on my mind, understand I was a little upset about this E-mail I found out about today and the way my name was presented in it. Sorry for those that have to read this that it doesn’t concern or already support my thoughts about what a real DH race should be all about. If you had worked you’re a$$ off to make things happen in the good name of our Sport as I did you would feel the same way I do. I will not bring this up again and will not hold any grudges. I do feel that the only way a good series will happen is that everyone has to agree on the same. Feel free to ask for my help in person, as I always try to help out where I can. Not help out to get credit for it………

Everyone go have a beer!!!!:cheers:

Last edited:

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Sorry guys, it seems I brought up a bad subject. Just wondering what it would take(besides a miracle) to bring in a big sponsor like RedBull, Monster, or Powerade(SnowShoe series). I think we have enough good venues to have a kick-ass series. Once again I appologise if I caused any e-mudslinging.

racer661

Chimp
Oct 31, 2007
if this ends up happening they should all be run like the us open a crap load of racers a **** load of fun and alot-o-money! (and beer for the old guys! haha):cheers::lighten:

Last edited:

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I would LOVE to see this happen.

Not much of a gravity contingent here, (and xc racing is definitely king), but we are constantly working to change that. One major player working against us is that there is not really enough elevation here to build full on dh trails. Still, BMX his really big here with one of the best tracks in the nation, and there are plenty of those guys who would like to race ds or 4x.

I brought a couple of BMX guys to Windrock a couple of months ago, and the liked it so much that the both went straight out and bought full on dh bikes!

I also built a pump track at my old high school here, and am working to put together a student team, which has been working out really well. I'm bringing one of the students up to Windrock for the festival this weekend too. I'm hoping that bringing in younger riders will help to build up the amount of people who want to try out gravity racing in general.

We are more than happy to help all that we can if a series is put together, so don't hesitate to ask!

-Tryon