Quantcast

SouthEast DH

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
This spring at clemson we'll be hosting at least one dh race but quite possibly a 3 race series. we'll post up more info when we get things worked out a little more and it gets closer to show time.
www.Clemsonfreeride.com is back in action.. well sorta. something got messed up when it was being transferred to a different server lastnight i think.. but you can still get to the forum. we should have it back to normal soon though

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I think we should just concentrate on having one good race instead of 3. I still think making 3 different courses is going to be way too hard and not very rewarding.

Just my .02

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Definitely not against the idea of just one race. It all comes down to what the public wants anyway. Whats everyone's opinion on the type of race run though? I still have fun on our course every time i ride it but its rumored that some people said they wanted more of a "natural" course which to me translates to xc course since we dont have that huge of an elevation drop.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Dude, I like the course the way it is. Maybe a couple more jumps or features, but I think you guys did an AWSOME! job for what you have to work with! As far as races go, I'd like to see a series since it's the closest thing to me as far as DH goes. Keep up the good work, and let me know if you need a hand!

Jun 11, 2004
Definitely not against the idea of just one race. It all comes down to what the public wants anyway. Whats everyone's opinion on the type of race run though? I still have fun on our course every time i ride it but its rumored that some people said they wanted more of a "natural" course which to me translates to xc course since we dont have that huge of an elevation drop.
I think a series would be awesome! But if one is all you guys can do then..........I would be happy with that!

IMO as far as the course. I personally wouldn't be expecting too much in the way of course changes for each race. You guys have done an awesome job at maximizing the area and elevation change you were given to work with. It would be too much to expect 3 different race courses in such a short amount of time.

I would imagine the majority of people would be stoked just to be racing that early in the season.....regardless if the course changes for each race or not.

Either way I'm looking forward to whatever you guys have up your sleeves for spring racing!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I think a series would be awesome! But if one is all you guys can do then..........I would be happy with that!

IMO as far as the course. I personally wouldn't be expecting too much in the way of course changes for each race. You guys have done an awesome job at maximizing the area and elevation change you were given to work with. It would be too much to expect 3 different race courses in such a short amount of time.

I would imagine the majority of people would be stoked just to be racing that early in the season.....regardless if the course changes for each race or not.

Either way I'm looking forward to whatever you guys have up your sleeves for spring racing!
That's my opinion as well.
I would love to have an early 3 race series.
Thats what Dark Mountain did, and they did not change the course, and all three were fun.
I will be there for one race or three races though either way.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I always prefer 1 good race rather than 3 so-so races. As fun as Carter's was, after 3, I was bored with the place.

If all comes through for 08, Carter's will put on a couple, Wolf should do one good one, Clemson does one good one, and we do one good SUPER DOWNHILL at Windrock then we should be good. I just don't think the Southeast can't support too many races and series.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
If its 1, 2, or 3 races I will be there. Both of the Clemson races were fun this past season even though it was on the same course. Its ok if it is. Just fine tune what you have created if anything. I know the local SORBA guys want to help out if they can. I just joined the group a few weeks back and went to one of the meetings. They would like to see some of you Clemson guys show up at the next meeting. I think they can help out in the long run for us here in the South East.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
The DH races I would like to race in 2008 are WOLF & WINDROCK.Also SNOWSHOE and SUGAR.

EDIT:
Carters,Clemson,Wolf because i have a short travel bike now.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
1 course definitely would be easiest but we're Clemson Freeride... so we might just have to surprise you. :) I was actually looking at some topo maps of issaqueena lastnight and there might be some potential in a couple other places in the park on down the dirt road a bit. Planning for the spring is goal one when we get back to school. Thanks for the info. Also, we already have one pedal section at the beginning of our current course and i'm typically to out of shape to want to pedal a whole whole lot so what do you think about pedal sections in possible new courses? Of course keeping it as much downhill as possible, we do what we can.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
I think we should just concentrate on having one good race instead of 3. I still think making 3 different courses is going to be way too hard and not very rewarding.

Just my .02
Using the same course for the Dark Mtn Series worked out pretty well. IMO it added a little extra because you were able to compare your times against the previous race. Plus limiting it to 3 races kept folks from getting bored with it.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Peg: What're you going to do with $10,000 Al, make 10,000 little trips to the nudie bar?

AL: No Peg, just one BIG one!

Moral of the story - I say one really big/well run race is better than a three race series

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Moral of the story - I say one really big/well run race is better than a three race series
That's a pleasant pipe dream there about a "really big" race.
You guys make it out like we are choosing between a small 3 race grassroot series or a World Cup Stop with a traveling zoo displaying an excellent Liger exibit.
What you are actually choosing between is 3 grassroots races or one grassroot race. The difference being maybe a red bull truck and if you win you will get two pairs of socks instead of one.;)

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
That's a pleasant pipe dream there about a "really big" race.
You guys make it out like we are choosing between a small 3 race grassroot series or a World Cup Stop with a traveling zoo displaying an excellent Liger exibit.
What you are actually choosing between is 3 grassroots races or one grassroot race. The difference being maybe a red bull truck and if you win you will get two pairs of socks instead of one.;)
Jeremy rumor has it RedBull will be showing up in one of these at all 3 races. You better hide your truck!!!!