Quantcast

Southeast Downhill Races

KleinGuy

Chimp
Mar 5, 2010
Guyton, GA
I am just getting into the DH world. I've been reading all over the internet and I think I've confused myself more. Are there any upcoming races for the rest of this year in the southeast area? Particularly GA, NC and SC? I live in Savannah which is horrible for everything except road riding, ha. Thanks!

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
There are a bunch of races in this area. Just do search in this forum and you get what your looking for

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Dirty Bird Race Productions (an upstart grassroots company of 4 college friends) will be hosting three downhill races this summer/fall at Hawksnest resort in Seven Devils, NC. Seven devils is about 15 min. from boone right off highway 105. For more info on how to get to the resort you can google maps Hawksnest Ski Resort (though they don't ski there anymore).

About the Races...
All race weekends are Saturday/Sunday events, with Saturday being a practice day and Sunday consisting of a short morning practice and racing.
Race#1 June 5th-6th
Race #2 August 21st-22nd
Hawk-o-ween October 30th-31st
Hawk-o-ween is a fun filled costume race that rewards riders with a time bonus for racing in a costume of their choice.

Each race will feature new unique courses and the second race will feature a brand new PRO track and new sections for the amateur classes as well.

Entry fee will be $45 for each race. This could possibly be the most fun $45 you've ever spent. Over the course of 2days you will have access to over 8 1/2 hours of shuttled practice time on a course that features 14 rad berms, roots, off camber, open high speed sections, jumps, rocks and all kinds of flow. We shuttle riders in two sweet 35ft Uhaul trucks.

For more info on the races you can visit www.dirtybirddh.com
or you can find us on Facebook as Dirty Bird Race Productions

Hope that helps you out dude there is also a DH race at Paris mtn SC in the fall and I think Beech mtn is running some this summer as well.

-DJ Trilliam

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
We'll likely be having two more races at the TTC Gravity Park, (www.trialstrainingcenter.com/downhillmtb), in Sequatchie, Tennessee, which is just west of Chattanooga. Obviously you'd be coming up for the weekend, and there are nice little cabins for rent as well as standard camping with a bath house, etc.

This is what we have tentatively planned:

Race #2: July 31st, (Possibly August 1st)
Race #3: October 16th, (Possibly Oct. 17th)

We may also be adding in some 'dual slalom' races, probably combined with other events. I use that term loosely because we don't have a real course yet, but dammit I want some gated racing so I'm going to make it happen one way or another!

Come on up if you can make it!

-Tryon