Quantcast

southeast monkey gathering:guides needed/ride schedule

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ok, i am looking for some people that would like to guide some trail rides for the monkey fest. in the interest of the trail i would rather not have 40 people blasting down the same trail. there are several places to ride and all types of riding around there from mega road rides to death march xc rides to dh shuttling. Please use this thread to post what trail and what day you would like to lead on. here is a ride that is going on saturday that i will most likely be participating in. i am riding a freeride bike so i know i will be pushing some but who cares, its gonna be a fun almost 20 mile ride with lots of DH in it.

Drop-in from the undisclosed location, climb the remainder of Trace (about 1/8th mile easy climb) down Trace to the trail head, then up the Fire Road to Spencer Branch, across Spencer Gap, down Spencer Branch to the Never Ending road, turn right 1 mile to Fletcher Creek down Fletcher to the reservoir, climb out of the reservoir back to Trace Ridge Trail head, down lower Trace, across N Mills River and back to N Mill parking lot.

please dont forget we will also be near dupont so if someone ( southcarolina guys) would like to lead some rides out there then that would be cool.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Biggins, I can help on that Saturday ride. Lets pick a definite start time, so we can coordinate shuttle vehicles. The main group can head up 276 to the Parkway to "the spot" and a few others can head back on 280 and drop the bottom cars at N Mills and head up the fire road.

Also on Thursday I am taking some begginer/Intermediates to Dupont. We will be parking at the Cascade Lake parking area, and riding the following.

Burnt Mountain, then the Big Rock to Cedar Rock trail (Eastern SlickRock) and some others.

Sunday EARLY am, I will probably ride Thrift Cove/Black Mountain and Sycamore Cove, it is an 8 mile figure 8 that starts right across from Davidson River Camp Ground.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Biggins, I can help on that Saturday ride. Lets pick a definite start time, so we can coordinate shuttle vehicles. The main group can head up 276 to the Parkway to "the spot" and a few others can head back on 280 and drop the bottom cars at N Mills and head up the fire road.

Also on Thursday I am taking some begginer/Intermediates to Dupont. We will be parking at the Cascade Lake parking area, and riding the following.

Burnt Mountain, then the Big Rock to Cedar Rock trail (Eastern SlickRock) and some others.

Sunday EARLY am, I will probably ride Thrift Cove/Black Mountain and Sycamore Cove, it is an 8 mile figure 8 that starts right across from Davidson River Camp Ground.
good stuff. the shuttle plan sounds good.

cascade lake?which parking area is that? the one across from the gate with the porta john?

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
good stuff. the shuttle plan sounds good.

cascade lake?which parking area is that? the one across from the gate with the porta john?
Ya its basically the furthest Trail Head, across from the Yellow Gate. I just know that area the best and mile for mile it is probably the best of Dupont.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i am thinking a friday night shuttle run of Caney Bottom as well and from what i can tell perry cove is not seasonal use so that will be fair game for some fun shuttles shuttles as well.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
i am thinking a friday night shuttle run of Caney Bottom as well and from what i can tell perry cove is not seasonal use so that will be fair game for some fun shuttles shuttles as well.
Perry would be a bit Gnarly for a night ride, I need to borrow lights as mine took a dump.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Ya its basically the furthest Trail Head, across from the Yellow Gate. I just know that area the best and mile for mile it is probably the best of Dupont.
ya from what I have ridden in Dupont, it is by far the best stuff. Especially Big Rock...rock on!