Quantcast

Southeast Monkeyfest

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
I Are Baboon said:
So where the hell are all the pics and writeups? I guess it's true, everything is slower in the South.
I don't think anyone else had a camera, and everyone brought the wrong bike ;) so I rode alone. People were also camped in several different places so there wasn't a central spot where we all got together.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
us Florida folks got there early. Here we are Thursday at Dupont, without any snow

In the yellow holding onto the sign is LooNatic, and I am next to him in the red white and blue Fox Jersey.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I Are Baboon said:
Nice pics so far, but I will find it very unsettling if there are not more posted.
I took a few, of us loading up and what not. The weather was threatening all weekend, so going out for a ride with a digital camera prolly wasnt the best idea.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
douglas said:
who are the people in the pics?
That's the biggins/burlyshirley crew around the fire. You'll have to ask them who everyone is. I was too busy drinking to pay much attention.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
hahahaha! this thread is great! what went on at So. M.F.? we may never really know? I wish we could have made it, but I hate snow.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
it didnt really snow where we were.

there was some drinkin and some ridin and some gay jokes.

not a lot of pics taken however except for when i showed the greensboro crew the local dirt jumps.

my internet got hooked up at my new place so maybe i can do some photos and a write up tonight.

oh one important thing to mention is that motomike is the man. by far he gets the "kill everything in sight on my new dh rig" award.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
With all due respect to Wooglin and Rob for posting pics, this is the worst Monkeyfest recap thread ever! :p

yeah...wtf....

pics, names, broken bikes, broken people, ride reports all = ???

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
:blah:
I Are Baboon said:
With all due respect to Wooglin and Rob for posting pics, this is the worst Monkeyfest recap thread ever! :p
There will be more, possibly tomorrow. I didnt get home until like 10:30pm on Sunday. My camera and all my crap are still sitting in my garage.

Settle down :blah:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
gosh you guys are being very testy. i will do my best to have broken bike pics (yes on sunday a bike got broken) as well as some more pics and trail reports as well.

in the mean time refer to the last page of this thread for a few tasty treats.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104224

there were not a whole lot of pics from trails though.however i will give a full recount of the trail ride as well as post what photos i have.

stosh did not show and t-pirates new custom title needs to be changed to "hippy"

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Mileage from my house to the trailhead:

Mileage back to my house

Box containing helmet and shoes (among other things) that I forgot

Still got in a ride Saturday, but my 11am departure wound up being a 4:30pm departure.

The other pictures are from Sunday. :dancing:

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
wow im very disapointed in the greenville crew i was counting on tp to get some pics. did he even remember his camera, or was he to worried about the beer. lol.

and wooglin its not that you were spread out its just the fact that you were going the wrong way on the trail your supposed to go down the trail not up. :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
....and btw, the SEMF was a pretty good time. I wish i hadnt brought my GF with me though, as i couldnt ride as much as Id like. Plus it was pretty much my first REAL ride back from the mono, so I was rusty as all hell, but still had a good time.

I think Im going to move out to Asheville or somewhere near pisgah. The riding is THAT good.
TP and the Captain had me cracking up too...but probably just cause I was drunk. I dont really have any pics.