Quantcast

southeast photo thread

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Busted out the tape tonight. Top 2 are too tall at almost 2 feet tip to trough and right at 90"...which is weird luck b/c I never knew the right distances. Bottom 3 are all too tall and need to be turned into 2 and moved away from the turns.

I knocked the tops off to see what it would do and got speed into the bigger berm but the 3 have got to go. I'm gonna goof around tomorrow and turn the 3 to 2.

I'm fighting it because the one berm is perfect, but I know I'll have to knock it out and back it up to get some speed. And now that I realize I don't have to build that high, it is sort of a comfort. Burrowing with the tiller and piling dirt was sucking.

But not as bad as without the tiller! :thumb:

Jun 11, 2004
Have never built my own pump track before and I now know I suck at it. Tried to ride this thing today and am thinking it's unrideable:

geez, if someone would just lay out the dimensions for me...so frustrated.
This is the exact reason I hired a professional. Call Herndon....he had this built in about 7 hours. :rofl:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Well, here is a modified version of my "poop" track. Thinking I need to turn the bottom three rollers into two medium size, long rollers. I've got about 14-16 feet from berm to berm on each side. On the right in the video is the uphill side. I can work it clean until I hit the berm closest to the camera.

I'm using the "Lee Likes Bike" stuff, but this stuff is frustrating. Geritt...help a neighbor. You listening?
Watch, but beware squeeky girls! (filmed by my 4 year old):D

cd04f6be-0db2-456b-92af-62141e8847d8.mp4 video by bizutch - Photobucket

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Butch,
From what I could see from that Blair witch styled video, your rollers are too peaky. You need more dirt on each side of the rollers to make them more gradual. They were slowing you down like speed bumps when they are supposed to be creating your speed.
Keep at it though. Sometimes you can make some small changes, and all of sudden your track has flow.
Building that $hit is such a learning process.
My track is scary fast now. I am manualing out of the 180 berm. I got two crossover lines in this weekend, and the whole track is flowing. I am putting in one more crossover line with a table top/roller on it, because you can carry enough speed to jump it with no problem. But when I first started building my track I made all kinds of mistakes, and had to learn how to make it work.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I don't like the top one. I was trying to get you popping into the sunlight and was I milli-sec off on the trigger, not to mention cutting off the front tire. I should have cropped a bit of the wasted space above you, prob would have looked better.

The next run, you were in the middle of the pack and you guys were running too close to together. There was somebody's head (the guy in front of you) right in the way of the shot.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
A few recent pictures to get people more stoked than pictures of snapped collar bones!

From collegiate nationals in Northstar

The one, the only Mulestar:

The destroyer

The dark horse

From the bird