Quantcast

southeast photo thread

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
3 wide in the high banking!
Talladega meets Planet Zod!! Okay, maybe not 3 wide but the elevated banking is gonna be the shizzle. Here's the beginnings of the NASCAR SHORE at PZ, designed from the sick and demented inner thoughts of fellow Stanleyite, Charlie Daniels. :thumb:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Jason, that is the drop on the right of the roll-in at legend park. It actually is pretty big, atleast by my standards. I guess not yours.
Did you do anywork on the step-down, or was it still ridable. I heard that it was in bad condition.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
haromtnbiker said:
Jason, that is the drop on the right of the roll-in at legend park. It actually is pretty big, atleast by my standards. I guess not yours.
Did you do anywork on the step-down, or was it still ridable. I heard that it was in bad condition.
Yeah i know where it is. But yeah we had to do alot of work to it. Added like 3 inches to the lip and like 4-5 inches to the whole right side of the jump. IT was in really ****ty shape. It's rockin now though. I need to find somewhere to make something bigger cause that ones getting to be kinda boring and small feeling now.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
DHracer1067 said:
Yeah i know where it is. But yeah we had to do alot of work to it. Added like 3 inches to the lip and like 4-5 inches to the whole right side of the jump. IT was in really ****ty shape. It's rockin now though. I need to find somewhere to make something bigger cause that ones getting to be kinda boring and small feeling now.

I think that when I get my bike back from the shop (new fork being installed) I am gonna hit the step-down. I dont want to land to flat though. :dead:

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
When are you gonna get it back. ill probly head out to regency tomorow. Also what fork are you gettin put on there. But the stepdown is really easy. all you gotta do is get the speed down right. Landing flat isnt that bad. I have a bad habit of going way to fast and landing it to flat quite a bit. It's alot better how we have it built now. It launches you into the air more now so you have a bigger margin of how fast you can go before you over shoot it.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Nah, plywood wouldn't last long outside, we'll use spool slats like the ones in the forefront of this picture

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Thanks fellas......we should have it finished by the weekend if we get some time to work on it in the afternoon after quittin' time. I'll post pics of the final product and maybe a vid!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
zod said:
Thanks fellas......we should have it finished by the weekend if we get some time to work on it in the afternoon after quittin' time. I'll post pics of the final product and maybe a vid!
dude, you are so stealthy. I never see you in "online" status. Must just swoop in and haul azz out, like a turkey buzzard.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
motomike said:
dude, you are so stealthy. I never see you in "online" status. Must just swoop in and haul azz out, like a turkey buzzard.
I saw my first ever turkey buzzard road kill. It was in a blind curve in Mills River. this one wasn't haulin ass..it was flat :D

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
The Tower hasn't been extended into a loop yet. Collecting material at the moment. We're riding the portion that is here. It's been reworked a few times since you were here. Here's a thumbnail of what the hip looks like now.

meatboot

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Chapel Hell
Here's some pics of the new stuff at Tar I cribbed from TMTB. Photo credits go to Hound and TM.

NCBigHit a.k.a. Ham

dogboy

Noah

Edit: Sorry TM & Manimal, I can't link to your pics for some reason. I'm on a strange computer.