zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Mr Tiles said:
......the now defunct Murray's Barn...
Ahh Murray's Farm......................it will be missed :mumble:

Here's some of me at Murray's

me dropping out the Barn Loft......pic by T-Pirate I believe???? :stosh: ;)

me hitting the double.........in rare form too b/c I didn't case it! :thumb:

me riding the skinny on my clownMobile...... :monkey:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Didn't mention that this pic was taken with a disposable camera. I took a digi-pic of the photo and here it is. Pretty low-tech but effective I guess.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Mr Tiles said:
at PZ last year, when the endless was just a baby...

Ahhh the old North Gaston Neck Warmer.................. too bad that old tree finally broke. We might need to do some kind of artificial bridge down it...

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
zod said:
Ahhh the old North Gaston Neck Warmer.................. too bad that old tree finally broke. We might need to do some kind of artificial bridge down it...

darn all that inbreading has given you guys some ugly riding faces... haha just kidding, it would be cool to hit up PZ soon, or mabye some of sbd crew could come down here for some new dirt jump action

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Why the hell isn't this a sticky yet?
Here's some from today. This is the stepdown towards the bottom of the course. There is a berm to triple then a flat turn right before it. Clear the triple and you can coast into the stepdown. Otherwise you pedal on a flat turn right up to it. You can also hit the cheat line which gives you a nice straight fast approach.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
It was pretty dry except for a couple spots but they weren't really in the way. It was windy today but it was blowing down the hill. Perfect.

First two are me and Peter hitting the first one in the rythme section.

The last one is Alex on the dirt jumps. I saw him popping up as I was walking up the hill and thought it would be a good shot.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Here are two angles of the step up out of the gulley at the bottom.
It's still wet because this area doesn't get much sun. Give it a week of no rain and it will be prime.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
good pics place looks like fun. maybe a trip to ga is in order. where is that?is that the new place thats being built?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
biggins said:
good pics place looks like fun. maybe a trip to ga is in order. where is that?is that the new place thats being built?
It's probably 1 hour and change from Central Park.
It's south of Fayetteville almost to Griffin on Hwy 92. South of Atlanta.
Chuck wants to have a jam/race sometime this winter. We're just trying to get it smoothed out and ready.

BillT

Monkey
Rob,

How are the new jumps at QW? I'm going to head down for the day either the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving to hit the S. FL trails - Oleta and Markham are for sure and maybe QW for the jumps if time permits.

Thanks,

Bill

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
BillT said:
Rob,

How are the new jumps at QW? I'm going to head down for the day either the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving to hit the S. FL trails - Oleta and Markham are for sure and maybe QW for the jumps if time permits.

Thanks,

Bill
Bill

The new jumps are great for mere mortals (like me). They are a ton of fun and do not have that (you will die if you come up short) factor. Unfortunately Risk Management was not happy with a certain aspect of them, so they are closed until we can address the issue. I am not sure if it will be resolved by next week.

Lets hook up for a ride at Markham

BillT

Monkey
I'm all about the not killing you if you come up short part! I'll leave early either that Friday or Saturday and head down to Oleta and do a lap, then probably eat lunch at the Ale House across from the park and then head up to Markham. Depending on how we feel we'll either do 1 lap at Markham and then hit QW or do 2 laps at Markha and skip QW. The last time we came down, we really enjoyed Markham the best so we may spend more time there this trip.

You guys need to head up at hit the Lakeland and/or Ocala area - everything is great shape.

The last I heard there was still a little flooding at Razorback, but they've added some additional sections (including some more technical stuff) to make up for the lost trail and they built several bridges over downed trees.

Santos is in the shape that I've seen it in a long time. There is only 1 red trail around the first quarry that is still blocked due to a ton of downed trees but the rest is open and very hardpacked (the blue loops on the other side are riding almost as hard as cement).

Everything at Alafia is in great shape, some loose sand on Gatorback, but that is always the case - they've probably built 1 or 2 new sections since the last time you were there and they are really fun (one section consists of huge rollers and another has a fun, steep downhill switchback that can pitch you in the water if you aren't careful)

The TOE was in perfect shape as well. I did a trail ride prior to watching the freeride competition and everything was hard and there wasn't any flooding. The dirt jumps looked like they could use a little bit of work and they have built several new stunts including the crazy teeter-tower and some that mere mortals might try.

I did Carter this past weekend and they still had about 3 downed trees that are blocking some areas, but 95% of the trail is open and in great shape. They, too, have added some bridges over downed trees and the sections Sneaky Snake, the Beast, the Moe, Roller Coaster, and the last finger (I didn't do the first 2) were perfect.

I'll let you know when I know exactly which day I'm coming down and to satisfy Biggins, I'll post some pics of Alafia when I get home.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
here are a few from my neck of the woods

the new "secret" place

salem lake

salem lake again

yours truly at salem

a little greensboro erbun stairgap

greensboro erbun wall ride

Herndon leading the 4x pack at ETSU

the wall ride at salem

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
DHRacer1067, I have to say that you won the "Got Totally Worked" Award from the Fall Windrock race. I am going to have to come up with a prize for ya. I have it on video and just watching makes me hurt. Its one of the best crashes I've ever seen and people say I have some spectacular crashes. Congrats!

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
you got that on film. i gotta see that. ive been wishin someone had video of that for a long time. that was a pretty bad run. i screwed up a couple times before that one section which involved my bike getting stuck on top of me somehow. i always seem to have so much trouble at windrock. its gettin hard to afford to keep going. the two times ive went i came home and ended up speding atleast 50 bucks to fix ****.

peete, that's at the salem lake trails. its like the first drop at the beginning.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
Here are a few pictures from our race here at Lindsey Wilson College, in Kentucky. I also posted some shots from Collegiate Nationals. Enjoy! notice the jersey and the medals...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
DHracer1067 said:
yeah we didnt actually build it. thats at the salem lake trails. not sure who built it.

i know who...but i'm not saying ;)

dhracer, when you coming out there again? i'm going to brace up the drop to big hip soon, should be a lot of fun when it's all done.