Quantcast

southeast photo thread

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
yup, thats the one I was talking about. I bet they burried all the IMBA guys in the lander, cause thats the only way IMBA had anything to do with that>

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
escapeartist said:
yup, thats the one I was talking about. I bet they burried all the IMBA guys in the lander, cause thats the only way IMBA had anything to do with that>
Ummm.....no.

IMBA built it with the heavy equipment they brought in. The wooden deck sticking out of the trees they built to. They also built this jump which is in line directly with the lander to the drop. The had everything to do with building that drop as it did not exist before they got there.

For a bit of height reference of the drop, that is my friend Taro standing next to the lander and he is 6' 1" or 6' 2".

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Salami said:
Ummm.....no.

IMBA built it with the heavy equipment they brought in. The wooden deck sticking out of the trees they built to. They also built this jump which is in line directly with the lander to the drop. The had everything to do with building that drop as it did not exist before they got there.

For a bit of height reference of the drop, that is my friend Taro standing next to the lander and he is 6' 1" or 6' 2".
Wow, I'm impressed

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
santacruzed said:
Do you have a picture of what the arrow is pointing at?....That looks potentially insane.
Nope. I was wondering my self what that is. It does look potentially insane.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Motomike at the spot. It was a regular party out there today. everybody was there. Hope ya'll like pics.

Some Berms

Just about everybody spent a little time in the dirt today.

Mike and I shredded for a solid 7 hours today at the spot. It was awesome.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
dangit TP...i want ur camera!!!!! nice shots :thumb:

some of those pics are definitely not motomike, but a clone....i count at least 3 shots of him not whipping. he's unable to ride straight :D

i think i'll have to make a trip down to the spot soon. is there stuff for 'lil manimal to play on...something for him to keep from getting bored?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Thanks TP those came out great. Glad you got a shot of me crashing. :thumb:

Tubby there is a lot of stuff he can play on. The berms would be really fun for him. Or we could just make a lil'manimal jump. Either way he'll have fun.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
Heres 2 quick snapshots of the trails on ChristmasEve. We had an awesome jam session today but I don't have any riding pics. I will post some video soon! enjoy...:nopity:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Yo T-Pirate, give me a call next time you ride here in Greenville. I will come out and play some. I just started my 12 pac right next to my house and hope to have them ready in a few weeks. I need to get the tracker out there and move some dirt around. We will have a lot of fun places to ride this summer here in Greenville.

For all you guys that are not fare from Greenville, we all need to have a day of riding out at Paris Mt. The trails will be cleaned up soon from the Ice Storm. Super step and fast downhills. Let me know and we will set a date for everyone.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
ride shots from today at CP

daniel boosting the newly refurbished table

anchors away my boys, anchors away (dead sailor...get it ;) :confused: ) also, you can see the newer stuff in the background if you haven't yet

daniel superman

me moving around my bike :confused: :help:

daniel 3 star

'twas a fun, short ride today. a little tacky after the big table but good nonetheless

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
So, I am guessing you guys are telling me the riding is much better in Greensbero than in Raleigh? I will be up in Raleigh this weekend and want to ride with some of you boys on some kick a$$ trails.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
FCLinder said:
So, I am guessing you guys are telling me the riding is much better in Greensbero than in Raleigh? I will be up in Raleigh this weekend and want to ride with some of you boys on some kick a$$ trails.
It's not that, it's just the people you are talking to are in Greensboro. Go to www.trianglemtb.com and on the home page is a link showing all of the trails in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Got some vid today from our short trip out to the Lake. It started raining around 2:30 so our ride got cut short, but we did get a lil bit of video from the ride. I'll have Buck post some screen shots up soon.