Quantcast

southeast photo thread

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Damn Dsapp...both wheels off the ground and everything.
haha...you'd be proud of him the other day at the lake. i actually talked him into hitting the tech line after the table. :thumb: our little daniel has come a long way :biggrin:

pic content:

i finally manned up and hit the newer stuff on my big bike
(frame grab from video)

el jeffe
sorry for the crappy quality, i think my camera is dying

Last edited:

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
Manimal, you speak too soon, went to ride some slalom with the frenchman after forgetting a helmet and not wanting to drive all the way back to wilsons from winston, i got my second annual "hey, you can ride whistler and the shore all summer, it's really gnar, but you're not there, you're in NC, welcome back!" mishap....got crossed up and slammed the ground, shirtless, fullfaceless, and got my face pretty good, look like i have some sort of herp on my lip, a busted broke nose, and a bit of road rash....oh well, I can't jump, but at least I can ride trails. :monkeydance:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Manimal, you speak too soon, went to ride some slalom with the frenchman after forgetting a helmet and not wanting to drive all the way back to wilsons from winston, i got my second annual "hey, you can ride whistler and the shore all summer, it's really gnar, but you're not there, you're in NC, welcome back!" mishap....got crossed up and slammed the ground, shirtless, fullfaceless, and got my face pretty good, look like i have some sort of herp on my lip, a busted broke nose, and a bit of road rash....oh well, I can't jump, but at least I can ride trails. :monkeydance:
if it makes you feel better, I can launch my DH on 40 foot plus road gaps all day long, but I can't get my hardtail across a 2 foot high dirt jump without breaking a wrist.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
That sucks daniel, get good soon.

kinda off topic but I've been climbing a lot and shook the dust off my camera gear. I was really happy with a couple of these shots.

Shots are by me and of my neighbor. Maybe one of these days I'll take a mountain bike picture again.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Looks nice Andrew!!! Did you guys build that RG? Looks man made!!!! We just added a small RG at the Bottom of the DH run here in Greenville. Its nice and Tech......

Yeah, we built it. Literally tons of rock in it. Its got turns and grade changes within the rock garden...supa flow.

mtnbiker66

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
In a van down by the river.
that stinky is sick!
Yeah but he didn't think so pedaling around Greenboro this weekend. I'm real proud of him,he worked all summer and paid for it. The only coin I had in it was gas to drive him down to get it.
Girlscout was ragging me at the zone about getting flogged by your kid.Ever since I crashed earlier this year I have this huge mental block on jumps like that.I made run after run trying to work through it.Mabey I can hire Noah to coach me back into shape.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Yeah but he didn't think so pedaling around Greenboro this weekend. I'm real proud of him,he worked all summer and paid for it. The only coin I had in it was gas to drive him down to get it.
Girlscout was ragging me at the zone about getting flogged by your kid.Ever since I crashed earlier this year I have this huge mental block on jumps like that.I made run after run trying to work through it.Mabey I can hire Noah to coach me back into shape.
is girlscout your son?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
oh. I thought you guys shopped at Sycamore. Where'd the Kona come from?

Oh...and for picture content, I did a road ride with roadies uphill Sunday with no descent meeting the wifes in the "picnic area". This is what over 2 hours of pedaling non-stop uphill with no pee brakes gets you to:

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002

Oh...and for picture content, I did a road ride with roadies uphill Sunday with no descent meeting the wifes in the "picnic area". This is what over 2 hours of pedaling non-stop uphill with no pee brakes gets you to:

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=craggy+gardens+blue+ridge+parkway&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=47.751524,73.212891&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=p&amp;ll=35.698536,-82.392483&amp;spn=0.016729,0.027466&amp;output=embed&amp;s=AARTsJrCQ4Lxlnp9Wd1F5Ix4VSQbppZnRw"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=craggy+gardens+blue+ridge+parkway&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=47.751524,73.212891&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=p&amp;ll=35.698536,-82.392483&amp;spn=0.016729,0.027466&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
pretty rad pic butch??? ;)

pic content:
me trying to figure out the unique lip at m-land

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=craggy+gardens+blue+ridge+parkway&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=47.751524,73.212891&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=p&amp;ll=35.698536,-82.392483&amp;spn=0.016729,0.027466&amp;output=embed&amp;s=AARTsJrCQ4Lxlnp9Wd1F5Ix4VSQbppZnRw"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=craggy+gardens+blue+ridge+parkway&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=47.751524,73.212891&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=p&amp;ll=35.698536,-82.392483&amp;spn=0.016729,0.027466&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i was bored this weekend and decided to paint noah's mini. he's been nagging me for a camo paint job like i have on my P1 so i gave him some urban camo :D

his mini is now the love child of my P1 and my bottlerocket (green camo and raw) ;)

Flowtec

Chimp
Jun 25, 2007
gnarnia

At Dupont a few days ago. Mark Webb ain't got sh** on this.
bizarre. I must have taken this pic moments after you passed it. same exact spot. was this on Saturday? prob so. it was rattling quite loudly.

good day for a ride at Dupont..

Last edited:

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Were you w/ the big group at the trail intersection about 30yds up the trail? I was riding solo on a black yeti trying to get lost. I didn't see anyone after this point for the next 2.5 hours.

IT was really cool looking sunning itself on the trail, but he curled up before I could grab my camera. Your shot looks like your a bit more brave than me.

Flowtec

Chimp
Jun 25, 2007
gnarnia
Were you w/ the big group at the trail intersection about 30yds up the trail? I was riding solo on a black yeti trying to get lost. I didn't see anyone after this point for the next 2.5 hours.

IT was really cool looking sunning itself on the trail, but he curled up before I could grab my camera. Your shot looks like your a bit more brave than me.
yep, big group. almost too big. it had been years since i've ridden at Dupont. i was pleasantly suprised...its hard not to go to the Pisgah forest when you're in that area.

Dupont fun: