Quantcast

southeast photo thread

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
some pics of our local SE riders at massanutten this weekend. matt, ellen and grom Jay fesperman were representing the local NC folk on the podium :clapping: :thumb:

this pic pretty much sums up the weekend.

ellen

aaron all pimped out

robbie

cecil

herndon

me...working that 180mm ;)

yungins....NC represent!

ladies

matt...errr..chuck lidell

Headley is wide open as is raider, raspberry and greentown. But don't try little fork until it gets some serious attention with a chainsaw after mondays
winds or last thursdays storms, I'm not sure which.
There's a fall down every forty yards, no kidding.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
cool, i didn't plan on taking the lil guy down anything other than headley...although i did just install a magura hydro rim brake on the rear which allows him to do more controlled one-fingered braking instead of the 4 fingered grip he was used to.

pic content:

massanutten "tha-thong-tha-thong-thong-thong..."

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
a few from tanglewood last night. there was a minimal turnout due to a state race in SC.

funny pic showing how outgunned noah is in the 8 rookie class (in regards to height/weight)

he pulled out a 2nd place last night and got the holeshot on 2 of the 3 motos :thumb:

he's learning the smooth is fast very well and his endurance to the end of the track has picked up dramatically. me thinks he really likes this bmx stuff :thumb: :D

we need some more locals to come out on sat's, i'm getting tired of racing the same 4 or 5 guys in cruiser class.

Nc Bo

Chimp
Feb 16, 2007
Bend OR/Asheville NC
Hey guys, it has been raining in Bend for the past week so the trails here are perfect.. amazing what water does in the desert! here is sequence that Mo took this past Monday. Bo

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Shot of one of the (seriously) smoother/easier rock sections on a trail I've been working on.

a couple non-bike shots since I haven't got anything else recent. My parking lot rainy evening.

Climbing near grandfather mtn.

Linville gorge.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
step-up at the lake. that place gets DARK after 7pm, especially when there's a storm approaching. my camera's little flash couldn't handle it very well and i was shooting blind. oh well....i think it looks pretty cool anyway, he almost cleaned it...just needs a little more speed :thumb:

from last week. moser (dickiesbike1) showing his "o" face coming up REALLY short on a transfer

bearded lady alex

Last edited:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Wooohooo...finally some riding shots. Nothing too great photo-wise but just got done with a killer 3 days of riding. I hope everybody else found something to do other than 26 west.

3...immediately followed by a facefull of dirt for me.

ben in the rocks, check out that flying rock.

The biggest rock cairn I've ever seen, found on a ride in wilsons on saturday.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i found a sweet place at the lake to practice some of those b-e-a-utifil flat turns like mulestar so aptly documents out there in booneland.

noah learning flat, fast, turns (2nd try)

he says he wants to look like this :D

are mulestar and i the only ones taking pics these days? geez, this feels like the "manimal pic thread" lately....i guess i'm the only one getting off my bike to take pics while everyone else is just riding on by ;)