Quantcast

southeast photo thread

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
are mulestar and i the only ones taking pics these days? geez, this feels like the "manimal pic thread" lately....i guess i'm the only one getting off my bike to take pics while everyone else is just riding on by ;)

i'm still taking photos... I've just not had a lot of time to post'em up..

one from diablo...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i'm still taking photos... I've just not had a lot of time to post'em up..

one from diablo...
what? You went to the Open? cool! Never even saw you there brother. I was wearing #132 on a white Morewood. Snap pics of qualifying or practice for Pro class? Don't mean to sound desperate but I stayed with the Sicklines guys and the only pic they got of me had a tree leaf in front of my skull! :D

Oh..and Ralph, I am riding a hardtail in Pisgah every chance I get...like today at 4pm! :thumb:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
what? You went to the Open? cool! Never even saw you there brother. I was wearing #132 on a white Morewood. Snap pics of qualifying or practice for Pro class? Don't mean to sound desperate but I stayed with the Sicklines guys and the only pic they got of me had a tree leaf in front of my skull! :D

Oh..and Ralph, I am riding a hardtail in Pisgah every chance I get...like today at 4pm! :thumb:
Not only did he go, but he left a champion... winning the redbull sharpshooters contest

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Nice pics guys! :thumb:

Don't have any recent pics to contribute, so here's a couple older ones.

An old Windrock shot - Don't remember who or where this is.

Snowshoe a couple years back.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Nice pics guys! :thumb:

Don't have any recent pics to contribute, so here's a couple older ones.

An old Windrock shot - Don't remember who or where this is.
Wow, what a blast from the past!
Where: Ewok Drop in the Wonderland section
Rider: Mr. Magnuson

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Sorry dude. I looked though the images from those two days and I don’t have one of you.
Yeah, winning the photo contest was waaay cool and should open a few more doors for me. At a minimum I get to go to Utah, which is way cool since I’ve never been there.

photo content... couple of shots from the king of the lake series

Noah

Wes D

srphillips89

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Boone NC
Dang man. What are the chances? You take a picture of me and get Chris throwing down as a bonus!

Hopefully you'll get some riding done in Utah.

Steven T

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Dang man. What are the chances? You take a picture of me and get Chris throwing down as a bonus!

Hopefully you'll get some riding done in Utah.
I thought the timing of that photo worked out pretty well. :biggrin:

We'll see about finding time to ride. I'm going to cover the Red Bull Rampage, so I don't envision there being a lot of downtime. I hear trying to cover this event, as a photographer, is quite the marathon. I don’t know all the details about the trip, but maybe I’ll get lucky and get some riding in..???

maybe Virgin, Utah; that's where the 08 Red bull rampage will be right?
“The new contest site is near the original location, just outside the small town of Virgin, not far from Gooseberry Mesa.”

This was released on bikemag.com yesterday, so I guess so. Near Zion National Park was all the red bull rep. told me.

Andy D.

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
wow robert..that's awesome! and to be able to say, " i knew you when..." :D :thumb:

i must say that you winning the contest is most well deserved.

photo content:

a little skate ramp to natural tranny session from january

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
A buddy of mine and I rode overmountain victory trail @ Kerr Scott Reservoir a few weeks ago. Very fun trail!! I took the point and shoot, but only managed to stop twice for photos. The trail was just way too fun to stop.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
wow robert..that's awesome! and to be able to say, " i knew you when..." :D :thumb:
i must say that you winning the contest is most well deserved.
Sorry for the late reply, I over looked your post somehow.. but thanks man!! I feel like I’ve worked pretty hard at figuring this photo thing out, but winning the contest still felt really surreal. I think I dropped the f-bomb in front of everyone when I saw my image as the wining shot…

Geritt

Last edited:

Flowtec

Chimp
Jun 25, 2007
gnarnia
we just couldn't get enough of the hot temps during the race so we decided to ride more afterwards:crazy:.

images from video clips...poor quality. it gets the point across though, the Carters Lake DH course is fun stuff. short but sweet.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
a hot little ride today at the lake.

moser on the little table/spine thingy

noah same place

moser on the table

aaron on the step-up line

jon testing out the parker III demo bike from cycletherapy

aaron tire tap on the tree with noah in the background playing marco polo ;)

me on the step-up

aaron tire tap again

aaron on the table

moser step up

now, these last pics aren't super stellar or anything...but they were all taken by noah. he's becoming more useful everyday ever since i threatened him with a sweat shop this summer ;)

it was friggin HOT!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
my love for hardtails has returned. i finally got back on a P bike after my P2 was stolen last year. i had the haro thread 1 but it just didn't feel right for me and i only used it for bmx. matt skeen had a P1 that he felt the same way on, he rode my haro and loved it so we just swapped frames :thumb:
i built it up on sunday and have hit the local dj's on it this week and love it! it's the only hardtail in can seemlessly transition to from a FS bike.

i gave it my signature rattle can paint job last night and it came out pretty sweet IMO :D

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
more pics are required so here ya go. these are from our camping trip in pisgah a few weekends ago.

this is one reason why pisgah is such a magical place.

playing with my camera

acctual riding shots.

finally boehm with his new signature ridding gear.

Last edited:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
my love for hardtails has returned. i finally got back on a P bike after my P2 was stolen last year.

i gave it my signature rattle can paint job last night and it came out pretty sweet IMO
I wonder who else has a P bike with a rattle can paint job?
*Now with matching wheelset and noise free headset!!

I'm also in the process of spray painting my yakuza.

cranberry

Monkey
Dec 30, 2005
Waaaay out there
Yeah....I guess you young pups better step on up. Ya dont want some old, crusty, wrinkeled, 40 year-old to show ya the fast way down. Unless it's the fast way TO the ground. (crash clinics are instructed every time I ride)

Last edited: