Quantcast

southeast photo thread

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
Javier riding some creek tech:

Myself on some creek not as tech:

Wholesome Folsom met up with us halfway thru the ride and decided with our encouragement that he should blow up his shock to facilitate a slacker head angle for the final descent of the ride so he chucked it up on a nice drop and got it done:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
It appears the potential catastrophe of destroying two shocks in one week has been averted. I got some air back in the new shock, it's working good now!

Feb 13, 2005
NC
Damn Wholesome...that's big dorp to fault on an XC bike. I wonder why you blew up that 3.5 inch shock??

BTW, where did the name "Wholesome" come from?

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
It's on a trail, in the woods, in the mountains of NC, you have to pedal over an hour just to get to it. It's in the middle of a good xc ride and if you know where it is it's obvious, if not you'll never find it. I'll leave it at that.

mangler

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
winston salem
hey d00ds, sorry i've been MIA for a few months. been busy doing a lot of filming and stuff. but i just recently got back from out west, super fun. rode with some guys at woodward west who were on big bikes. some dude phil that rides for haro and some other guys, they were filming for freecaster. cool dudes for sure.

i put down the camera for a bit and rode the trails, super fun. didn't think i'd be riding trails in the winter time. but i was in the desert so...
http://www.vimeo.com/2932799

oh, and jeff faircloth was on my flight from memphis to lax. i felt like a jerk tho, didn't recognize him without a helmet on. but we chatted up en route to baggage claim.

and daniel, next time you're in town, call me. april and i would love to have you over for dinner. we don't live too far from your parents house.

oh, and anyone up for riding wild turkey sunday morning? hitting the trail around 9am? haven't ridden my big bike in months!

Last edited:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Mangler! Sounds like you had a good time man. If you've got a mountain bike now, you should make the short trek up to Boone to ride some goodies

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
Mangler- Good to hear you're still around! I'll definitely get up with you next time i'm in town. Should be in the next few weeks. Do you still have the same number?

Here's a couple of Mike from recently:

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Couple friends and I made it out to Killer 3 this past Sunday. We had a blast. Didn't take many photos though :( to busy mashin the pedals :)

brap081189

Chimp
Feb 26, 2009
yea thats just a fraction of jumps i have at my house now. so come ride :banana: i wont be able to ride though. the jumps already broke my foot :bonk: