Quantcast

southeast photo thread

KFC

Chimp
Jan 3, 2010
Charlotte, NC
First pic reminds me of Cane Creek in Waxhaw, NC where they held a XC race once. Only place where I thought my testes had been permanently stretched out from the beating I took that day. Where is that?
I raced there once when I was in highschool (early 90's). Finished 36 of 104 in beginner after a pile up and almost fist fight with some good-ol-boys at the start. Not much there now.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I raced there once when I was in highschool (early 90's). Finished 36 of 104 in beginner after a pile up and almost fist fight with some good-ol-boys at the start. Not much there now.
Sounds like we were in the same beginner race. You should have gone left.;)

Only one of maybe 5 XC races I finished in the single digits, something like 8th.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I have two videos from the past weekend of riding downhill at Windrock and my dirt bike in Nashville.

The first is a wild crash on the new windmill trail near the bottom, almost to the parking lot. I clipped my pedal on a stump, went over the bars, and slid off a small cliff on my back. I walked away and did more runs afterwards.
Sorry I don't know how to embed them.
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/289165/

And dirt bikes and some riding down new windmill
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/289201/

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Some recent bermage work was done to our local XC trail. Nothing overly exciting but it makes the first 1/4 mile of trail a little more fun....

Berms....

They were asking to be ridden

Random guy, gotta love the kitted out guys on a Saturday afternoon

Riding buddy into the berms

Another random guy

I really wish there was a little more lip to really jump into these

I think this one is my favorite

Down low view

Same angle for me

Trying to wheelie out

Trying not to run over my buddy and the camera

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC

So stoked in how this turned out seeing I am a video virgin. Learned a heck of a lot, which was my objective. Need some additional/different equipment and need to make some technical changes, but overall very happy for my first vid outing. Thanks to Jay and Chip for being my guinea pigs, had a blast guys. More to come!

itrytofly

Chimp
Aug 18, 2011
Rocky Knob PB&J road gap. Rocky Knob has been super smooth and fast lately. If you haven't been out there, do yourself a favor and make the trip soon!

Last edited:

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Are those last two of the Holler? I'm heading to Ga.tomorrow for a few days before heading to Beech for the weekend. Also would you know if the DJs at the top of Big Creek are till there? Like to do some jumping.

TreeMagnet

Chimp
Aug 16, 2009
Dirty south
Vmt is prob the best flow trail out at blankets but it has the most climbing too.It has a fair amount of big berms and some sniper lines here and there. Its way better on Tues, Thurs, and Saturdays direction.

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Vmt is prob the best flow trail out at blankets but it has the most climbing too.It has a fair amount of big berms and some sniper lines here and there. Its way better on Tues, Thurs, and Saturdays direction.
Thanks, I'll probably hit it and BC on Thurs. then head back to Winder area, if the weather holds.

Jay13

Chimp
Jul 6, 2008
Orlando
Rode Tripple mill and Harbins over the last few days. Heading to Beech in the morning with my bro and his son. Let me know what you have planned. May be able to do something. No plans till Sept. Just winging it as usual.
I'm just the opposite, gotta give the wife plenty of time to prepare for our trips haha. We are going to Ellijay for a week July 13th and then heading to Boone the following weekend for one of the Beech races. Be good to hook up if you are up there at that time...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
He looks like a blueberry.

Oh, some pics.

Me and Geritt contemplating stuff.

Supposedly 110ft from lip to lander. Neither of which is in frame.

Geritt finally witnessing something I can do that he can not.

Last edited:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Since this thread seems to have fizzled as of late, here's some randomness off my point and shoot.

Day off in Boone

Day off in Blacksburg

Day off in Brevard

Day on in Boone, building staircases for the National Park Service.

itrytofly

Chimp
Aug 18, 2011
Cow Patch dirt jumps, this is where the nerves really set in:

The jumps are dialed!

and pretty big too!

Finally fulfilled a childhood dream!

The jumps are really big, actually.

Last edited:

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
Rode Tripple mill and Harbins over the last few days. Heading to Beech in the morning with my bro and his son. Let me know what you have planned. May be able to do something. No plans till Sept. Just winging it as usual.
Give me a heads up when you come back to ATL.. I just moved here... :)