Quantcast

southeast photo thread

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
My son is excited to get back into bmx. We will hit up Noonday when it reopens. I took them both to Blankets last weekend and now they want to be mountain bikers! They know about the jumps at Big Creek so I will probably take them there soon, too. Seems like this will be a great place for biking!

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
My son is excited to get back into bmx. We will hit up Noonday when it reopens. I took them both to Blankets last weekend and now they want to be mountain bikers! They know about the jumps at Big Creek so I will probably take them there soon, too. Seems like this will be a great place for biking!
Check your PM for contact info

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Nice shots. Heading up that way in a few weeks. Gonna have to get back to BC. I haven't been since all the new additions I heard of. Nice to see some pics. Thanks for posting.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
We finally made it out to a lift-assisted park here in So. AZ...first time since snowshoe in summer of 2011. The boy has really stepped up his game. We REALLY miss the gravity scene back east...you guys make such a difference!

From the pro-section, super steep but hard to tell from the pic

Holler if you southeast beasts are going to be in So. AZ...I'll show you around the dry and chunky gnar!

edwin66

Chimp
Apr 12, 2012
Winston-Salem, NC
Thought I would share some photos of one of my spots, Cow Patch. itrytofly already posted some, but here's some new ones. Had to compress them, so the quality isn't as good. 085.JPG100.JPGIMG_9844.JPGIMG_9850.JPG

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Video I shot featuring my wife at Snowshoe. She's not shreddin, but how many other ladies do you know that are 41 years old and still want to ride a DH bike?

Last edited:

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
My 46 year old one does on her trc. She smiles when she rides though. Maybe yours is its hard to see through all that safety gear and blurring high speed. It's great that you made that cute vid of your wife but its seems the dh bike and neck brace might be a bit overboard. - all my opinion not trying to be a dick but Dat vid needs a smile

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
My 46 year old one does on her trc. She smiles when she rides though. Maybe yours is its hard to see through all that safety gear and blurring high speed. It's great that you made that cute vid of your wife but its seems the dh bike and neck brace might be a bit overboard. - all my opinion not trying to be a dick but Dat vid needs a smile
Those where the trails she wanted to film on. Also, we filmed it on a race weekend, so half of the Western Territory was closed or taped with other riders running practice runs.

Neck Brace, I'll have to disagree with you..... I broke my neck at Snowshoe 2 years ago and was lucky. Granted I wasn't going as slow as she is, but I wasn't going Jay Fesperman speed either. We both wear one ALL the time now. It even bothers me blazing down Green's Lick without one these days (I'll prob start wearing one to be honest). Heck, you can fall off a ladder and break your neck....... speed doesn't break your neck. How fast was the dude on the ladder going?

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
If she is having fun she can wear whatever she wants.More power to her, I think it's f'n awesome.Nice edit Jay.

mangler

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
winston salem
the past couple of months i've been traveling a lot all over the country for work. each trip i try and acquire a bicycle to ride in some form or fashion. last week i was in rochester NY for the PGA championship. a bmx friend let me borrow his single speed 29er. he told me there were some "gems" around the greenway. turns out he was referring to single track off shoots from the greenway, i thought he was referring to this awesome wallride spot under a bridge.

970334_10151590633357098_1383585615_n.jpg

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003

Why would yo make a comment like that then follow it up with "not trying to be a dick". I mean maybe you weren't trying but it was a pretty dick comment to make. Maybe you don't actually have try to be a dick. Condescending humor and all. I mean, not trying to be a dick or anything, just my opinion.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
If she is having fun she can wear whatever she wants.More power to her, I think it's f'n awesome.Nice edit Jay.
Thanks Brad.... Hey, I heard you were at Race 2. Have we met? If so, I can't remember. If not, stop by and say hi at Race 3.... I want to put a face with the name. Thank you sir!

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
We have probably met a million times. I have been at every race, I am one of the bike patrollers. Slow guy on a black demo 8, can't miss me:thumb:

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
We have probably met a million times. I have been at every race, I am one of the bike patrollers. Slow guy on a black demo 8, can't miss me:thumb:
Stop and say hi next race. It's easy for you guys to remember 3 or 4 photogs names/faces, but it's damn near impossible for me to keep 120 riders names/faces/bikes/kits straight on any given weekend. :( The more I see you, the easier it is to remember.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Why would yo make a comment like that then follow it up with "not trying to be a dick". I mean maybe you weren't trying but it was a pretty dick comment to make. Maybe you don't actually have try to be a dick. Condescending humor and all. I mean, not trying to be a dick or anything, just my opinion.
Hey old pal, careful who you're assigning that noun to. Title has been taken. That post was so tame. Need me to give you a refresher course on how to spot one? :p

rex diablo

Chimp
Jan 25, 2013
Speaking of neck braces, any advice on a shop in NC that sells them? I don't know anything about them, but would like to as I've broken several vertebrae across a couple of wrecks. Turns out I'm a poor cyclist...

edwin66

Chimp
Apr 12, 2012
Winston-Salem, NC
Thanks ChiliPepper! Yea, you should come and check it out sometime! Have to get the jumps back in shape too. Winter has not been good to them.

Last edited: