Quantcast

southern DH racers: flat or clipless?

DH247

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
Toronto
I run clipless DX's with the Shimoo-moo DX shoes. Not the greatest shoes but they at least have ankle protection. The pedals are great. If I'm goofin around and just having fun then I'll run flats with some Vans or like shoe. It all depends on what I'm riding and the style I want to rip.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Flats with FiveTen Stealth rubber shoes. I grew up riding clips, but I can corner so much better with flats and I don't mean that in a foot off the pedal way. I roll my feet and point my toes to put massive "English" in my cornering.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
IT's really personal preference. I hate clipless because I want to get off the bike if I need/want to. I've hasd too many bad experiences with clipless.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
hey mike, did you get a new dh bike, i want some pics, ill send u some of my new rig too, by the way, i have shimano dx clips with xc shoes and i have easton flats-3 pairs of em, there great with dx shoes. btw, get shimano clips, you can get your feet out easy or if you want to crank it up you can tighten the tension, you can get the 646 fo 69 bux which is a 120 dollar shoe.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
escapeartist said:
Im pretty sure that mike is a member of the SHS (shimano haters society)
shhhhh! I actually am going to run some 'mano on the DH bike. shifter, rear der., and cassette. I was all free, though. :blah: so no biggie. Next weekend I will be taking her to go fishing. :rolleyes: