Quantcast

Southern Monkeys... Post your snow!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Began about an hour ago. Just a dusting so far! 1 hour east of Nashville.
Expecting 8"

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Nothing here yet. Suppose to get 2 to 4 of snow and then degrade into sleet/ice. Got generator gas, chainsaws and rigging gear all ready to go, bunch of nice, dry firewood wrapped up on the back porch. Just stocked the fridges/cupboards with food/beer..I'll post a pic if anything good happens.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
the news channels are screaming gloom and doom for another "winter wallup" ...however, i'll be driving through the mountains tomorrow for the Icycle Night DH race...it'll actually live up to it's name this year. They're calling for less snow where the race is than what we should get here in piedmont...i just hope there will be enough snow to make it grippy...i hate racing in mud/sleet/ice slop.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Snow just started here. I'd rather be at the Icycle with Manimal Bo Fanimal. It''l be that wintry mix that just turns stuff to slop. I don't think the rest of the world realizes just how retardedly fun the Icycle Night DH is.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow I did hear about now snow in Whistler. What is going on up there?

It been a dry winter in New York City this year so nice a clear roads for some road riding.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did they finally tell you that you will never be allowed to be part of the two man luge event?
If you are into that sort of thing New York is not the place where you will not allow to participate in two man luge. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
i can't believe how much they have fvcked up 321.

they've taken all the fun out of that road.

Yeah, it sucks. After they open it up to all four lanes I won't be able to get stuck behind the slow cars anymore...and the slow cars are what kept me from getting a ticket everytime I drove that road.

They're expanding 421 as well, from greasy corner out to the perkinsville tunnel...that traffic is horrible.

Oh, it started snowing about an hour ago...maybe an inch or so so far.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Man shiny savior, it is really coming down up at the reservation.
I just heard that Fletcher, NC already has 8 or 9 inches and that is only 40 minutes north of me.
Unless, I obtain 8 siberian huskies and a sled, I don't think I am making it to the Icycle.:(