Quantcast

Southridge race November 20

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
Hey guys, it's that time of year again! Who's gonna be there? Practice is on the 19th, race is on the 20th

I need a ride from Santa Barbara to Fontucky :)

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I think I got you covered Alex. I haven't raced there in a while.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
i was planning on going. what makes this race special? i heard its a sponsorhouse race too or something. is this the first race of their series?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I'll be there racing the fat old guy beginner class. Never raced before... should be fun. Is there some kind of par-tay thingie going on at all?

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
No par-tay, but all the san diego monkies hangout, talk smack, and ride together all weekend and thats super fun. Maybe AMBP should sell hot dogs and beer?!

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Conrad and Mike, can you guy's try to get the poster approved by the weekend of the race, so that we can pass them out there. Also we should try and attempt some kind of small fundraiser there, maybe not selling beer cause of it having a somewhat family oriented feel, but hot dog's sound great, and we could do gatorade and monster energy. I can get some case's of Monster Energy at $1.45 a can then we can sell them for like $2.45 or 2.50 and make a full dollar profit per can. We might not make a whole lot of money, but if we could get like $100 or more, we can open up an AMBP bank account. haha then that way I can get the Paypal donation button setup on our website, and have money going directly into the account. Just some idea's! :)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
WIll the flyers be ready by Friday? I want to drop some off at the Saturday night NWD6 premier and the second one Tuesday night, in SB.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
Alex966 said:
Conrad and Mike, can you guy's try to get the poster approved by the weekend of the race, so that we can pass them out there. Also we should try and attempt some kind of small fundraiser there, maybe not selling beer cause of it having a somewhat family oriented feel, but hot dog's sound great, and we could do gatorade and monster energy. I can get some case's of Monster Energy at $1.45 a can then we can sell them for like $2.45 or 2.50 and make a full dollar profit per can. We might not make a whole lot of money, but if we could get like $100 or more, we can open up an AMBP bank account. haha then that way I can get the Paypal donation button setup on our website, and have money going directly into the account. Just some idea's! :)
The only issue with that is that Donnie is under contract with Red Bull, so only Red Bull can be sold at the races. There was that guy selling GoFast that had to stop last year, remember?

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Ohh I was un-aware that Donny was under contract with Red Bull. Well there goes that idea, well maybe I'll just buy a case for myself! :) I love Monster Energy, Redbull sucks!

tonygiant

Chimp
Jun 11, 2005
Alex966,

Hey what's up Patrick. Its me Tony from Port Hueneme. Hows it going man. Hope all is well. Are you racing?

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Hey people. I'm trying to decide if i'm gonna race, but I want to see the course first. Anybody want to head to fontana for a prelim ride? Who's got good directions for how to shuttle the course?

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
Can anyone recommend a good but cheep hotel in the area? Ok, maybe not roaches on the wall cheep, but in the $35-$45/night cheep?

Also, I hear people refering to Southridge as Fontana, but it is really in Riverside, right? I'm just trying to find out for sure for mapquest/hotel search purposes.

Thanks!

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
MVRIDER said:
$35-$45/night cheep?

Also, I hear people refering to Southridge as Fontana, but it is really in Riverside, right? I'm just trying to find out for sure for mapquest/hotel search purposes.

Thanks!
, I did a search for hotels, cheapest was about $52, hotels.com I think. you can go to www.southridgeusa.com and they have a link for a map, Southridge is a community in Fontana, don't know the county but it probably is in Riverside Co.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
MVRIDER said:
Thanks y'all. I found a KOA in Pomona, 25/night for tent camping. I may try that.
I wouldn't camp in pomona if they paid me. it's the asshole of the universe. Go up the mountains if you're going to camp.

rideagainst

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
CA
Kid, have you been to Southridge/ Fontana before? During one of the last winter or spring series there was a giant block party in the middle of the parking lot/ street thing. Anybody that was parked beyond couldnt get out, and it was funny as hell. The place around the course isn't *too* bad, and the races have a great vibe and are really fun, but everything takes place during the day. Camping there or sleeping in your car would be scary sh!t, so just remember, you've been warned. :blah:

edit: post was directed at mtnbrider

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
rideagainst said:
Kid, have you been to Southridge/ Fontana before? During one of the last winter or spring series there was a giant block party in the middle of the parking lot/ street thing. Anybody that was parked beyond couldnt get out, and it was funny as hell. The place around the course isn't *too* bad, and the races have a great vibe and are really fun, but everything takes place during the day. Camping there or sleeping in your car would be scary sh!t, so just remember, you've been warned. :blah:

That was some seriously funny ****.

"what chu looking at fool, we don't bite"

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Fonzie18 said:
I should be there mid-morning Sat and all day Sunday. I'll be down in Mexico for the Baja 1000 on Thursday and Friday then driving up all friday night/Sat morning. Hooray for no sleep!@&$#

Wes: Snowboarding is for ninnies!
I'll do my best to make it there. If I do, I'll be pedalling up and rocking out on my Town and Countries.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
merrrrjig said:
$25 a night! Thats so exspensive! you can just camp out in the parking lot, we used to do it
Yeah, I would just sleep in the parking lot. Just make sure you bring a lock for your bikes. I've actually thought about doing that myself a few times, doing that 140 mile drive on Saturday and Sunday kind of sucks...

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
rideagainst said:

Look up the 909 area code for all else you need to know. I grew up there.